Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:32:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  Pardus display problems while installing and after installation
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus display problems while installing and after installation  (Read 1632 times)
Anil

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2011, 20:17:48 PM »

I have two problems installing and using Pardus. I have the programme now on the usb and DVD for installation.
1. I have successfully installed it on my laptop, however, after reboot, it gives me a black screen and I cannot make it work as I cannot see the screen at all.
2. While installing on the PC, the display is garbled after two three initial screens and I cannot install it. I have tried all the F options.

Please suggest a solution for that. I shall be grateful.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 23:45:12 PM »

First a

1. I have successfully installed it on my laptop,
This isn't 100% clear to me.
Did you also (after the first reboot) set the user data and root password Huh?

2. While installing on the PC, the display is garbled after two three initial screens
After which initial screen is this happening Huh?

With which program did you make the USB-version Huh?
And it's also possible to make an USB-version from the Live.iso and test this on the laptop and PC.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 23:51:49 PM by atolboo » Logged
Anil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 02:41:07 AM »

Yes, I could set user name and password. Even I updated the software. However, soon after, I would boot into a black screen on the lap top.

As for the PC, I could not install as after the first two screens (tiger one, and installation options), the screen goes blank for some time and then the display is garbled. This all is being done with the live version both on DVD and usb.
kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 06:52:01 AM »

As for the PC, I could not install as after the first two screens (tiger one, and installation options), the screen goes blank for some time and then the display is garbled. This all is being done with the live version both on DVD and usb.

@Anil,

Does your PC have an Nvidia graphics card, by chance? If it does, please read the forum thread below; it has some good tips which might solve your problem:

http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=3582.0
"2011 won't install." 24 Jan. 2011.

If this approach doesn't work, please post some additional information about your PC hardware (CPU make/model, amount of RAM, video card, etc.) and some more details about where the installation process is hanging up ... If you could take a couple of screenshots with a digital camera, that would be also be very helpful.

For example, there are some screenshots of a Pardus 2011 installation here:

http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2011/01/31/pardus-2011/2/

http://en.pardus-wiki.org/Pardus:Installation2011
(A brief YouTube video)

Do you reach any of these screens before your PC hangs / freezes?

HTH,
=david

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 21:09:01 PM »

I did some testing today and...
Yes, I could set user name and password. Even I updated the software. However, soon after, I would boot into a black screen on the lap top.
When you use F4=Failsave at the boot (GRUB) screen, is Pardus then started with a reduced screen resolution Huh?
And does it also goes black then Huh?

And for
As for the PC,...
Here the options are very limited.
When the F4=Failsave doesn't do the trick, the only option I can think of is a Bug report at Bugzilla.
Maybe they (the creators of the iso) have an additional option in the background Huh?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: