Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 23:38:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Salute to Pardus for its Kurumsal 2
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Salute to Pardus for its Kurumsal 2  (Read 1577 times)
komboy

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2011, 16:45:05 PM »

Hi,
I just want to express my gratitude to Pardus team for releasing Kurumsal 2.
It is neat and great and it has put me back to using KDE 3.5 in a time where KDE 4.x is forced to be used (no offense to KDE4.x, but it just coughs up my old lappie and my not so cutting edge desktop one plus KDE 3.5 is more simple yet fun to use for everyday tasks).

Keep up the excellent work.

I am sure going to give a report if there is any bug.
ganief

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 18:18:04 PM »

agreed, kurumsal 2 is great.
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 17:08:33 PM »

Good to hear news about Kurumsal 2 Pardus.  I still like the KDE 3.5 desktop which is the main reason I have 64 bit Kanotix Excalibur installed.  Now I can replace Kanotix with Pardus corporate version.
Lisa  Marie
ganief

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 17:23:16 PM »

More people will use kurumsal 2, but pardus 2011 corporate 2 must be well advertised.
there are lots of users unhappy with kde 4 Wink
John A
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 16:08:39 PM »

It would be better if they put it here for download:
http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/download/

Its only the 2011 version there.
ganief

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 17:11:45 PM »

Hi john A,
its a good idea, who does one speak to about this.(advertising)
regards.
John A
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 17:54:03 PM »

You or someone here can make a request for this:
http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/

I will support the idea.
komboy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 10:24:34 AM »

I also tried Pardus 2011 on my Dell laptop type 14R, but to my amusement, it didn't detect the Broadcom wifi (whereas I see in the independent review in Youtube, Pardus 2011 flawlessly detect his Broadcom wifi).
Needless to say, I went straight to Kubuntu 10.10, which KDE4 implementation is getting better with the passing of time (plus with the fact that KDE powerhouses openSuSE and Mandriva are in a questionable state).

I think the most important to you guys at Pardus team is to have a lot of staying power. Keep the repo well maintained before you expand it. I just love the product.

Speaking of advertisement, how does the counter at Distrowatch ranking work?
I see that Pardus has been steadily climbed up from where it was in 2008 (first time I kept an eye on Pardus and the Distrowatch's chart).
John A
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 11:37:14 AM »

I filled in a bug report about Corporate 2:
Bug 17637

« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 14:10:25 PM by John A » Logged
owiknowi
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 12:32:46 PM »

am very much impressed with pardus kurumsal 2: almost all hw worked out of the box on a hp dv6 (i3).
will start testing more thoroughly soon and post/report any 'problems'.

thanks for this very nice work (like kde3.5 way better then kde4.x)
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 12:39:08 PM »

I read that e.g. Zarafa has been ported to a PISI package for the Corporate 2 repositories, i.e. I guess the type of available software packages in the Corporate 2 version may be less then the amount of packages available for Pardus 2011 but the Corporate 2 version is defintely focused on a different end user type then the regular Pardus 2011 version (which by the way comes in more and more desktop environment flavours like Gnome, Fluxbox, XFCE, LXDE, but not any longer with KDE 3, only KDE4).

Earlier I also noticed that Evolution is available as PISI package in the Corporrate 2 repo.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:50:27 PM by Michiel » Logged

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
komboy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 12:59:38 PM »

I don't know if this is a bug, but after I mute and unmute the sound, the sound did not come up again.
I had to scramble around and found that I had to mess around with pavucontrol (Pulse Audio Volume Control) in the "Output" tab on "Set as fallback", "Mute" buttons.

It is quite primitive solution, but at least I could bring the sound back again.
Leonard
Pardus is Awesomeness Quantified in Byte Form

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 16:35:10 PM »

Hail to Kurumsal 2 and its  genius developers ,especially from my 2003 Gateway E-4000. Corporate 2 and KDE 3.5.10 are a hardware and software match made in heaven. I cut my teeth on the old KDE when I was first learning Linux distros 4 years ago and always liked it better than Gnome. I used The Freespire which I thought was pretty awesome and now dead and the Kanotix Thorhammer which was marvelous and the Pardus 2007 which worked better for me than the 2008 which I had problems with. KDE 4 in mint and Mepis 8.5 and OpenSuse 11.3 worked okay for me but I could feel my computer straining to run applications with all those integrated fancy graphical processes weighing it down. Kurumsal 2 is snappy happy and shiny and with awesome Pulse-Audio sound. I will rest easy and enjoy much happy computing with no worries now and for quite some time to come and Kudos to you friendly folks here in the forums. Roll Eyes Kiss
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 16:41:20 PM by Leonard » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: