From that post on Gizmo's:
I mentioned in another post somewhere about the importance of support and unfortunately this is one area where Pardus is falling into it's own hole, outside of Turkey that is.
The current world forum returns a "registration disabled" notice if you try to, with a request that you "email the moderator" if you wish to join. This has already put off 95% of folks who might be interested and the fact that I've not received any reply to my mail after three days would suggest they don't want the other 5% anyway.
I appreciate the challenges associated with providing support in non native languages but making defensive posts and then disabling registration is not the best way to overcome them.
So far, Pardus is the best Linux experience I've had, but they will not advance their cause to the extent it is worth in the English speaking world without providing better support.
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, registration is currently disabled.
Why is this
, It was not this way for myself.
And who manages, supports, runs... this forum? is it the developers, I always thought this forum was independent.