Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 10:52:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  As seen on the internet
| | |-+  Gizmos Freeware Reviews
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gizmos Freeware Reviews  (Read 924 times)
John A
« on: May 14, 2011, 00:04:01 AM »

I just saw that Pardus was noticed here: Smiley
http://www.techsupportalert.com/freeware-forum/linux/6391-polished-pardus-outshines-others.html
Dean
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 00:47:09 AM »

Thanks for the URL.
BellaPup
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 16:17:30 PM »

From that post on Gizmo's:
I mentioned in another post somewhere about the importance of support and unfortunately this is one area where Pardus is falling into it's own hole, outside of Turkey that is.

The current world forum returns a "registration disabled" notice if you try to, with a request that you "email the moderator" if you wish to join. This has already put off 95% of folks who might be interested and the fact that I've not received any reply to my mail after three days would suggest they don't want the other 5% anyway.

I appreciate the challenges associated with providing support in non native languages but making defensive posts and then disabling registration is not the best way to overcome them.

So far, Pardus is the best Linux experience I've had, but they will not advance their cause to the extent it is worth in the English speaking world without providing better support.

True!
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, registration is currently disabled.

Why is this  Huh? , It was not this way for myself.
And who manages, supports, runs... this forum? is it the developers, I always thought this forum was independent.

Thanks

-Hunter-
Dean
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 17:09:45 PM »

It was not this way for myself
That is the way it was for me.  If the reviews had not been so good, I would not have continued the process.  The only explanation I could come up with was that spam had been a problem.
BellaPup
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 19:17:28 PM »

The only explanation I could come up with was that spam had been a problem.

Same here. Like yourself if one is interested they'll put up with the extra steps. The old Xandros forums have become a spam magnet..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: