Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 20:24:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Updating process.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Updating process.  (Read 663 times)
John A
« on: May 22, 2011, 18:15:40 PM »

Its seems that the updates have stop at 129 packages with Pardus 2011.
If compare with Mandriva, Ubuntu or some other distributions I often get around 3 to 5 updates a week.

But with Pardus 2011 I have not recived a single Pisi update for about a month now. I  just wonder if its normal or if they got some kind of problems?

Even programs that supposed to be solved/included in Pardus 2011 from Pardus 2009.2 at this point (like KOffice or Licq)  Pisi seems to be stuck for a long time:
http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/show_bug.cgi?id=16568

http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/show_bug.cgi?id=16371

If it continue like this for a longer time I think people just will get tired, leave Pardus and change to some other Linux distributions. Undecided

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 18:47:27 PM by John A » Logged
dedebekri
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 21:29:57 PM »

I believe you are using the stable repo. I use the devel repo and what I have is just the contrary!  Grin
I got a hell lot of updates lately, and I have KDE 4.6.3 on my laptop, everything works just fine now.

The thing is, the developers are preparing the repos and packages for the 2009 to 2011 transition right now. Also as you already know, the new release 2011.1 will be the most up-to-date release.

I also have seen that most of the packages from the devel repo have been transferred to testing. Which means you will get a lot of updates soon, real soon!
John A
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 09:24:23 AM »

Ok, thanks for the info. Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: