Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 21:47:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  couldn't create /home partition during install Pardus 2011.1 [solved]
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: couldn't create /home partition during install Pardus 2011.1 [solved]  (Read 3262 times)
John A
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 16:14:28 PM »

Right now it's with installing.
And all is and thus I will start
the P2011 version of the P2009-Wiki.

I saw in the Wiki that a installations guide for 2011 are on the way.
Great work.

Thanks. Smiley
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 21:24:24 PM »

I feel like a fool.  And it is so typical of me, my husband would nod his head...
I went ahead and erased both partitions again to try, and found out what I was doing wrong.
When selecting /home, I was forgetting to tick the bullseye to format as ext4.  I did this, Okay, and looked over the partition layout and it showed it correctly. 

A few days later to update that yes, this is sort of, kind of a bug after two more re-installs (so I can have internet connection) and second time I wiped both partitions and proceeded.

Where Yali has a slight glitch is when I select my first partition and under Use: select / for root, I then click the bullseye to Format: ext4.  Okay.  That works.  But when I then select my second partition, I can't select anything from the Use: drop down menu, but can only do so if I tick the bullseye to Format: ext4 first.  That done, I can then proceed  to Use: and select /home.  But what this does is unticks the Format: ext4 bullseye.  I had to tick it again.  It doesn't do this when you set up the root partition.  So, my wish is that one does not have to retick the bullseye when setting up /home on an empty partition or blank disk.  It shouldn't be necessary and one can easily over look this.  At least I did.
Lisa Marie
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: