Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 23:39:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  KDE 4.6
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KDE 4.6  (Read 4967 times)
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2011, 20:52:00 PM »

Is this
64 bit install unbootable.
system on a single partition Huh?
Or does it have a separate "/ "=System and "/home"=User partition Huh?
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 01:55:32 AM »

Freebird, While you wait for a more definite answer, after I played with KDE4.6 from Devel for 64 bits, the only way I knew how to revert back to KDE4.5 was to look at PiSi history and revert each update change to its previous version:
sudo pisi it --reinstall "package version".  It was tedious, especially  being on dial up, I made the mistake of restarting my system without finishing, and borked it.  I couldn't even access my partition from another Linux distro. 
Lisa Marie
dedebekri
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 08:16:51 AM »

...the only way I knew how to revert back to KDE4.5 was to look at PiSi history and revert each update change to its previous version...
This is how you do it;
sudo pisi hs -t XXX

XXX is the process number of pisi actions ("-t" stands for "takeback"). You can see the history and numbers of pisi processes by "pisi hs" command. By doing this, you can see which process has ruined your system, and you can take it back.

"pisi hs --help" for more information.

By the way, I am totally on the devel repo for a few months, and I am very much satisfied with the speed of KDE 4.6.2. I also did the same to our laptop at home, the machine just got wings!  Grin
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 15:25:11 PM »

dedebekri, again, thank you!  I had no idea there was usage information for command line use of PiSi history.  I should have asked last month when I was struggling to revert back.  But, I learned some things, too, through the struggle like the neat live output of Xterm.  Cheesy 

As for KDE 4.6 version I was using, I still like the blue K wheel spinning while kfind looks for a file for me.  The back and forth progress bar was distracting.   Smiley
Lisa Marie
Freebird
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2011, 07:20:41 AM »

Is this
64 bit install unbootable.
system on a single partition Huh?
Or does it have a separate "/ "=System and "/home"=User partition Huh?

Just saw this checking my mail before bed so I'll have to get back tomorrow evening. 
It's on a different hard drive from what I'm on now. I have to disconnect it to boot this one because I haven't corrected the grub yet. It's a dual install with Win 7 that is used by others so i wanted to make sure i got it right before making any changes to grub. But ran great before the upgrade to 4.6.
 I see some answers I will try later and hopefully have good news or more info tomorrow evening. I do think I did the default install though.
Thanks everyone!
James T
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2011, 23:58:42 PM »

KDE 4.6.3 is has now migrated from the devel to the testing repo.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: