Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 12:50:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Laptop
| | |-+  Which laptop to buy?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which laptop to buy?  (Read 24529 times)
owiknowi
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2011, 14:43:13 PM »

@john a
thanks john a, might be an useful link!

@atolboo
fortunately not only the nvidia optimus could cause problems: most notebooks nowadays have dual video options (the not so switchable thing). even the bto does have a video chip and a video card.
don't think i will be able to choose between them on bios level in order to make use of only one (disable the chipset)...

don't you just love the way manufacturers are always taking our best interests at heart?
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2011, 16:34:15 PM »

I'd do a search for the wireless card, too, since this is where the current Pardus seems to be having a bit of problems (not sure if it is due to the kernel being used, or the latest KDE4 version, or what?).  I found one bug report for  Realtek Wireless 802.11BGN submitted last year for ubuntu. Mini-wireless card.  You may end up needing to install the driver from Realtek.
http://www.mail-archive.com/ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com/msg2014190.html
Lisa Marie
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: