Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:29:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  Pardus on my TV!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus on my TV!  (Read 1378 times)
Chris
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2011, 18:50:39 PM »

I am trying to set up my computer to play through my TV. (I am getting rid of my cable bill). I am going to use it for watching Shows on hulu and such. I was wondering how to set up my computer to have my monitor and TV running. I am using Pardus 2011 64bit, and connecting through HDMI port
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 19:45:27 PM »

Have a look in System Settings > Display and Monitor > Size & Orientation Wink
Alexey
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 22:11:14 PM »

yep, or in video driver, catalist or nvidia settings.
Chris
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 22:52:18 PM »

The biggest problem I am having is with the screen size. Should I be using Twin View or just hook up tv separate? I guess a step by step settings tutorial would help. lol
Chris
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 23:46:50 PM »

The biggest problem I am having is with the screen size. Should I be using Twin View or just hook up tv separate? I guess a step by step settings tutorial would help. lol

side note. I put it using my computer monitors specs, but the panel is not visible neither is some of the desktop.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 10:28:45 AM »

I think it's a matter of changing the various settings to find out which one give the best or wanted result Wink
Cnaeus
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 11:57:32 AM »

I had the same problem when I connected another monitor to my laptop pc. the thing is, if you use two monitors with different aspect ratios/resolutions things are getting messy. the only solution I found, was to set the same resolution on both computers displays... (as far as you want to use some short of clone view) but if you guys find some better solution, I would be glad to hear it too! Smiley
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 13:09:43 PM by Cnaeus » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: