Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 08:14:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  what is similar to file rc.local in Pardus? [solved]
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what is similar to file rc.local in Pardus? [solved]  (Read 1135 times)
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2011, 18:43:56 PM »

Hi all,

I was looking into what devices start up at certain runtime levels, and found some information on Debian based distros that use /etc/rc,local, but I don't see this file in Pardus and wonder what the equivalent would be.

In Pardus, I look at  /etc/init.d where there are several folders for different runlevels (rc0 - rc6) , but they are empty, though there is one file, compat.py and compat.pcy.

The only thing I could find is /etc/conf.d/local.start where it says you can "add any misc. programs at startup".  

I also looked at /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 where it says, "Add the names of modules that you'd like to load when the system starts into this file, one per line."

This does have to do with the wireless problem others are having as I am wondering if something similar to this thread. could be implemented in Pardus, that maybe a module is not being pre-loaded.
Much appreciated!
Lisa Marie

Edited to add that question has been answered.  Thanks, atolboo.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:24:28 AM by Lisa » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 21:39:43 PM »

And there is also (in System Settings) an item Autostart and KDE-Systemservices Wink
And /etc/mudur/services/...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 21:43:18 PM by atolboo » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 00:20:19 AM »

Grin
Yes!  I was just looking in /etc/mudur/services.  I accidentally on purpose stopped HAL service and disabled it upon restart in service GUI, rebooted and could not use my keyboard or mouse, so I couldn't go to safe mode or terminal (I was using another Linux grub menu).  I ended up booting into the other Linux OS, and created text file /etc/mudur/services/enabled/hal, which is simply an empty document, but it made the difference in me being able to use my keyboard and mouse again.   Grin
Lisa Marie
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 17:05:44 PM »

I went over to Özgürlük İçin forum using google language tools page to see about others having wireless problems with Pardus.   Here is one I experimented with for wireless by creating an entry "wl" in /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6, but again, I don't have wireless to test this. 

wireless card problem

kobzeci is like our atolboo at Pardus Worldforum, who helps many people. 
I did have problems with his command, but this worked:
sudo echo wl >> /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6

If anyone with wireless tries this, it would be good to check first what wireless device you are using or if is even being detected by doing:
lspci
especially since certain Broadcom chipsets don't work in all Linux systems.
Lisa Marie

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: