Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 12:49:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  No Network Connection
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Network Connection  (Read 690 times)
Glyn

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2011, 13:59:02 PM »

I downloaded the live version of the new release today. When I opened the network configuration from the panel a wired connection for eth0 was showing which is normal. I need to set up a DSL connection so I proceeded to this option, entered the details but they were not saved. I tried to repeat the process and returned this error:

"The Name Org.Freedesktop.NetworkManagerSystemSettings was not provided by any .service files"

After this the wired connection entry had also disappeared.

No matter I thought, I'll connect with my broadband modem instead and sort out a solution online. Plugged in the MD300 and nothing, the Mobile Broadband settings option remained greyed out.

Now with Pardus 2010 both these worked just fine. 

What is it with the KDE network manager that only swapping to Gnome seems to fix?
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 16:00:44 PM »

Do not hesitate to file a bug -> http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 21:10:17 PM »

When I opened the network configuration from the panel a wired connection for eth0 was showing which is normal. I need to set up a DSL connection so I .....
I don't understand exactly what you mean by DSL connection.
I can only report the I don't have any problem with my ZyXEL P-2602RL-D modem + Telfort provider.
This is tested with Pardus-2011.1-Dama-Dama-Live-i686.iso.

Now with Pardus 2010 both these worked just fine.
And Pardus 2010 is unknown to me
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 21:27:29 PM by atolboo » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: