Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 12:13:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Wish list
| | |-+  wicd for pardus kurumsal 2
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wicd for pardus kurumsal 2  (Read 709 times)
owiknowi
« on: July 15, 2011, 17:26:03 PM »

package name: wicd
source: http://wicd.sourceforge.net/

if you need more information, please let me know and i'll try to provide it for you.

regards,

owiknowi

07/17/2011 changed title because wicd is already installed in 2011.1 afaik.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 19:39:14 PM by owiknowi » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 16:18:58 PM »

Hi owiknowi,
If I understand you correctly, WICD is installed in Pardus 2011.1, but I cannot locate it.  I only ask as after Chris's question on an easy step by step install of wicd, I got curious to see if I could install it. Last time I tried I was able to install it. I was either using pardus 2011 or 2009.2 then.  I'm having a difficult time installing it now with certain files not being created (/etc/wicd/wired-settings.conf, wireless-settings.conf, log folder empty, and confusion on where to point it to init as there is no /etc/init in pardus only /etc/init.d).  I have much to learn about python setup.py configure commands.  So, if it is already a pisi package, that would be the easiest way. 
Regards, Lisa Marie

P.S. I had a look for the errors I was getting, one was an error for deepcopy.launchpad bug ,  I'll just wait for wicd 1.7.1 to be released before trying to compile it again, as Pardus 2011.2 uses python 2.7x
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 16:36:09 PM by Lisa » Logged
owiknowi
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 17:07:35 PM »

here you have it: call me a guru and down it goes... Roll Eyes

hi lisa marie,

i took it from the attached screenshot that wicd was by default installed in pardus 2011.x.
looking closer and selecting wicd, one can see, there's no icon but a question mark.

also searched for wicd in package manager of 2011.2 (all packages) but no wicd. guess i was wrong.

which prooves i'm no guru, and the computer says:

17:08
p.s. you also might want to take a look here on the security topic we've discussed.

* 20112_wicd.png (66.81 KB, 620x510 - viewed 84 times.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 17:14:50 PM by owiknowi » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 20:53:51 PM »

No problem, owiknowi.  It's not a problem especially for me not to have wicd as I don't have to rely on a network manager using dial up.  In fact, when I "sudo service NetworkManager stop" and then "sudo service NetworkManager off", I have a slightly faster connection speed upon reboot and dialing into connection.  
I just wanted to see if I could get wicd installed.  I might try the wicd irc channel help line since their forum is closed due to spam.  

In case anyone using dial up does turn of NetworkManager in KDE 4.6.5 and not have it start up, you have to edit the ppp/ip-up and ip-down files to find the resolv.conf file.  I pointed it to :
/etc/resolv.default.conf which is always static.
Lisa Marie
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 14:50:37 PM by Lisa » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: