Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 02:59:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Bugs
| | |-+  A old bug report of the sound in Pardus 2009.1
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A old bug report of the sound in Pardus 2009.1  (Read 1135 times)
John A
« on: September 17, 2011, 14:44:05 PM »

I did a report for a long time ago about the sound in Pardus 2009.1. And now they (KDE) have respond better late then never:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=230703

Little late of course I find out myself that I must choose "Master Front" to get it working, but I have weak sound in Pardus 2011.1 to if I compare with Ubuntu 11.04. (and in the latest PCLinuxOS to)
Was no problem in Pardus 2009, 2009.2 or 2011. I wonder why KDE seems have so difficult to deal with this? They refeer it as a 0% problem.

In Ubuntu I get normal sound "out of the box" after a installation everytime and I don't need spend several hours to get a normal sound.
But in KDE this problem coming and going. Undecided

I must say I getting little tired of it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 14:48:06 PM by John A » Logged
owiknowi
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 16:57:35 PM »

hi john a,

looks like they are suggesting to file a bug report with pardus?
on my hp dv6 there's by default no sound with kurumsal 2 because kmixer is set to hdmi output... changing that setting, and there it is: sound.

it's a bit like the egg or the hen: which came first (or what causes the problem?) to me it looks like computers are mostly build for just two closed source operating systems  Wink
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 20:22:30 PM »

My opinion is that this problem should be reported at Bugzilla.o
Because this has to do with the way KDE is implemented in Pardus.
John A
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 10:06:10 AM »

I did a bug report in bugzilla for Pardus 2009.1 for weak sound and for the new 2011.1 (the link is included in the KDE report in my last comment there). The latest PCLinuxOS version got the same problem to.

In my opinion this is a KDE related problem (Ubuntu got no problems in the same PC) when it apears in several KDE distributions. Maybe this is a 0 % issue for a KDE developer but not for a ordinary computer user. Smiley

Anyway to respond at a bug report after a year is to late, I am not using Pardus 2009.1 anymore and nobody else to.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:22:45 AM by John A » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: