Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 02:02:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  Flash plugin overlaps other windows
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Flash plugin overlaps other windows  (Read 1541 times)
greywalk

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2011, 02:23:26 AM »

Hello,

I have problem with the latest pardus and flash plugin - when i open some flash app say in konqueror, it overlaps other open windows, of other browsers, terminal, etc.
Is there a way to solve this problem? (I have the latest flash plugin available in the repos - 10.3 r181).
Freebird
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 05:31:55 AM »

Not sure if my experience will help or not. I'm running 2011.1 64bit

The first time I tried to run a flash movie in Firefox it wouldn't run. It said I needed a plugin update.
I had the latest stable plugin but found that there is an 11.0 beta plugin available but it's in a tar.gz package and I didn't install it. Here:http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11.html
 I rebooted Firefox and it started to play my flash movies fine. Huh?

After reading your post I tried Konqueror and it did the same thing, wouldn't play, said I needed an update.
I went to Settings/Configure Konqueror/Plugins/the Plugins tab/Scan for plugins button. It ran a scan, I clicked on the flash movie once more and it played just fine. Guess it just had to locate the updated plugin.
Strange, I know. Just thought I'd share.
 Wish you the best.
anakai

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 21:08:16 PM »

Is it working through Firefox??? I can play flash without a problem with Firefox

hmmm I saw when i run konqueror and in the tabs i wrote about:plugins it did not show flash

I looked in the customize konqueror menu and then I checked in the plugin menu and finally the plugin tab. Then i did a "search for plugins" and after that it worked....Sorry for my bad writing if you don't understand me please write back....I'm a swedish guy with difficulty to write in english
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 21:19:22 PM by anakai » Logged
greywalk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 23:27:52 PM »

please see the attachment to understand what I mean.
I opened a flash webplayer for music, and it remains visible over any other windows.
I have to close the page with flash on it to make it disappear. Is there a way to solve the issue?

* screenshot9.png (96.38 KB, 1440x900 - viewed 150 times.)
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 00:02:29 AM »

Can't you minimize the greywalk : bash window
Alexey
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 00:19:15 AM »

I see you listen to music on the site VK.com. Konqueror itself has not developed around 2008 year. Because of this pop-up sites in konqueror does not work properly. For example: do not posible  to login  http://audiotoria.ru/ via  vkontakte.

If you want to use the native browser for kde - look at the browser "rekonq".
greywalk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 00:21:51 AM »

I have just realized the screenshot does not show the problem... If I open bash or other tab or anything else - the flash app that is opened in 1 tab (not necessarily app, a flash banner would do the same) is visible through other windows (this can't be screened though, I'll try to take a picture with a camera to show how it looks).

This is reproduced in any browser - firefox, opera, konqueror, rekong. Any.

2 atolboo -- yes, I can minimize that window, but DOES IT SOLVE THE PROBLEM? What did you submit your post for?
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 11:11:37 AM »

2 atolboo -- yes, I can minimize that window, ........? What did you submit your post for?
Well if you can minimize the window the
..... it remains visible over any other windows.
does not
overlaps other open windows
anymore.
That's the reason for my question. Wink
And I realize that this isn't a very elegant solution but it gets the window out of the way. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 13:24:04 PM by atolboo » Logged
greywalk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 18:13:26 PM »

minimizing the window does not help. the flash banner or app - it kind of remains in the same position and of the same dimensions. it just stays in the same position it was once opened.
i avoid this only by disabling flash and turning it on only when really needed. not an elegant solution, either. in fact, it is not a solution.
this is probably the only thing that annoys me about pardus ) in rest - nice distro.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: