Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 10:51:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Howto Install Printer
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Howto Install Printer  (Read 1757 times)
mus_dur

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2006, 20:46:32 PM »

I have been a printer and can you explain to me how can i install a driver
amine
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 18:34:06 PM »

Very easy :
Make sure your printer is connected and online (read turned on ;-).
For the cautious, you can type the dmesg command on a console to check that your kernel has detected the printer...
The rest is a cake walk !
You then launch your Tasma (Pardus Configuration Center), and click on the Peripherals section...
You'll see a Printer module (with a printer icone ! ;-), once you double click on it, you'll see the magical add button....
As long as your printer is supported on Cups, you'll be set after a few clicks !
Good luck, I hope this post doesn't come too late ! ^^
orange
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 13:06:30 PM »

Yes I also want to install my printer, however it also has a built in scanner inside, it is a LEXMARK X1130
can you please tell me if this is compatible anyone?

Cool
none

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 01:39:16 AM »

from konsole  I did
kdesu konqueror
, then entered
http://localhost:631/admin/
then got my brother hl-1440 setup by choosing the driver that tasma recommended
but tasma seemed to get a permissions type error and didn't finish itself, my canon s400 was little easier on my bx board.
That prior set of instructions is useful when you need a recommendation on which driver to choose, setting up a local printer. Hope I remember all this correctly.
none

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 01:48:17 AM »

I didn't find anything on a LEXMARK X1130 at
http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting
also known as linuxprinting.org.

LEXMARK = notorious for not working under linux , I don't know if anyone's trying to make LEXMARKS work out under linux at all, possibly reactOS. SIS stuff gets about 0 effort as well , even less than most distributions try to support dialup. I did some scanning with kooka or xsane under pardus and it found my hp fine from the application, no special effort about drivers from me. Best of luck , consider it if you find a good unit for linux on sale.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: