Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 20:30:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  The Pub
| | |-+  A review of the new Gnome 3
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A review of the new Gnome 3  (Read 1023 times)
John A
« on: March 27, 2011, 14:08:21 PM »

It can be interesting to read this for those who are interesting in the new Gnome 3:
http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/gnome-3.html
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 14:33:24 PM by John A » Logged
Dean
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 15:24:31 PM »

He is not the only writer that is concerned about the way this is headed.  They all seem to have flashbacks to the KDE 3.5 to 4.0 fiasco.

This guy doesn't pull any punches.
Leopardus
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 18:09:20 PM »

The difference with KDE 4 was that they had to rewrite it to take advantage of Qt 4 technologies among other things. What we have now is different but not radically so. Gnome and Unity are and it seems that it's just for the sake of change.

I didn't like either one of them. I felt like I was 6 inches tall using a smart phone with a mouse. My monitor is pretty big. They might work on netbooks but I'll keep my KDE either way.  Grin
John A
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 02:16:01 AM »

Can be interesting to see what Linus Torvalds think about Gnome 3:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Linus-Torvalds-Drops-Gnome-3-for-Xfce-Calls-It-Crazy-215074.shtml
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: