Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 02:53:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Wish list
| | |-+  Midori, Kazehakase
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Midori, Kazehakase  (Read 2067 times)
Gullible Jones

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2008, 02:41:23 AM »

Midori: a GTK-Webkit browser. Used to be unstable, but as of the latest version of GTK-Webkit, it doesn't crash very often. Maybe Contrib fodder?

Kazehakase: Gecko/Webkit browser. May be unstable on Webkit, but the Gecko version is mature, stable, and fast, if rather ugly and cursed with a counterintuitive UI. Makes a good Firefox alternative for slow computers.
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 21:15:17 PM »

Now that I am back to using 2009.2 Pardus, I have been trying some of the extra software available in the repositories that I have not tried in the past.  I've tried Chrome and Chromium and Rekonq webkit browsers but didn't find them that fast in my dial up setup.  It was time to try Midori and this is faster for me.  I hope to see it in future Pardus releases! 
It took me two or three days but I finally was able to install=compile the latest version. 0.4.0.  I think its the first software I have ever been able to compile in Pardus, besides Opera.  Opera was pretty easy (I wanted to try the latest version) to install, but Midori took a bit of extra dependencies.  This version is even better.
Regards, Lisa Marie
John A
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 06:02:47 AM »

It's a bug report/request for Midori here:
http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/show_bug.cgi?id=18104

I add a comment there. Bug report/requests seems to be "forgotten" sometimes if nobody responds to them. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 06:06:54 AM by John A » Logged
SW
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 07:50:15 AM »

Midori 0.4 is available in PardusUser Repo since 4th of august  Roll Eyes
John A
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 10:00:18 AM »

I see. Good news.
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 15:45:09 PM »

Don't tell me after all that work it was already available!   Angry   
 Cheesy
Time to add user repo to my repositories.  I completely forgot about the extra repos available besides contrib.
Thanks for the heads up.  Well, at least I had the chance to compile something.   I was about to give up, but last needed was webkit-gtk-devel.
Lisa Marie
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 16:06:51 PM »

Hmm, I'm confused.  Version 0.2.7 is available in contrib and that I installed, but some of the plugins in extensions were grayed out where I could not access them to untick them.  I read at Midori blog that this is due to wrong webkit version.  That is why I wanted to try the latest Midori version and now I can access all the extensions.  I'm confused as to how two versions could be availabe at the same time, one from contrib and one from user?  Should I put pardus-user repo above contrib in repo list? 
Thanks
Lisa Marie
SW
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 17:36:10 PM »

Ahhh, I see now You are using P2009!

Midori 0.4 is only in the PardusUser repo for P2011  Embarrassed
To have 0.4 in P2009 also Vala needs a update to V0.10 which is not available in P2009.
Packages for P2011 are not compatible with P2009.

Sorry for negative news.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 17:43:41 PM by SW » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 18:50:42 PM »

No that is good news to know it is in Pardus 2011!  All is well as I understand now!  Thanks!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: