Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 05:03:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  vote for pardus...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: vote for pardus...  (Read 913 times)
owiknowi
« on: August 23, 2011, 16:15:44 PM »

here's your chance to let the 'world' know about pardus:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/rc2011
weird_tr
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 18:13:37 PM »

I voted for Pardus!!!!!  Grin
John A
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 20:08:34 PM »

I think the best marketing are if you are high up at the Distrowatch list:
http://distrowatch.com/stats.php?section=popularity

Then you get attention from users and magazines etc..

I dont think it's good when Pardus decline there so much recently even with the new release of 2011.1. So maybe they should to do a little more marketing/promotion in some ways, or try something else to recive more attention. I did some request for it before (Bug #12727 and #17211)

But their organization seems to be slow and bureaucratic in many aspects.

Im little worried about the future for the Pardus project if this go on for a longer time. Undecided

Will someone care to translate international Pardus versions beside the Turkish one if it are to few users?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 20:12:24 PM by John A » Logged
owiknowi
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 08:43:49 AM »

@johna
your absolutely right there john. maybe part of the problem with the marketing of pardus is caused by its origin: it's not a commercial organization but a government sponsored scientific institution that develops it, as far as i know?

another thing, as you pointed out several times before, is the somewhat unorganized way pardus forums work.
one main forum, one well structured wiki, a central knowledge database, and so on, should be the base. this way people could easily find what they need, links to their native language included.

it needs some serious organization though, but take a look at most other distro's: they seem to have tackled it too.

weird_tr
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 10:59:01 AM »

Johna?
A few days ago ive read, that you switched back to windows?  Smiley
well if you're back to Linux.... WELCOME BACK!!!
and if you're not... Then, thanx for joining the pardus forums again!!  Wink
John A
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 11:45:06 AM »

Well I bought a new PC and it was pre-installed with windows 7 Home premium. But I got a computer in another place.
At the moment installed with Ubuntu 11.04 because it works fine with the HP printer there. That HP model not working with Pardus.

But I suppose I will have Pardus in time to. Maybe as a dualboot or something. Smiley
About Pardus marketing/promotion they working with a new homepage. But I dont know how long that work will take?

With the new one maybe some of the issues in the bug reports be fixed.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 14:40:32 PM by John A » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: