Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 19:40:49 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  compiling software do you su make install or sudo make install
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: compiling software do you su make install or sudo make install  (Read 1137 times)
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2011, 22:44:41 PM »

Hello,
I'm having some fun trying to compile software on Pardus 2011.2 64 bits.  I've already installed the necessary build-essentials development packages found at the Pardus wiki.  I also installed a couple extra devel. packages, like python-pygobject-devel.

I think I've installed the latest ntrack-014 tar file?  I think.  Grin  Anyway, when you folks get to the make install part, do you first 'su' and enter your root password, then make install, or do you sudo make install? 
My user has administrative privileges (wheel group). 
Thanks for any information.  I did manage to learn to do
Code:
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig
and then
Code:
automake
and then
Code:
./configure
Lisa Marie

P.S.  ntrack was already installed by default, version 011.  I am testing to see if ntrack is the culprit with the CPU surge problem as I've read it is.  So, I'm trying their latest version only available through source at launchpad.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 23:25:31 PM »

Normally I use
Code:
sudo make install
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 00:45:17 AM »

Thanks, atolboo!  I did do that and had no problems. 
Regards, Lisa Marie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: