Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 01:25:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Thanks from a Wacom user
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thanks from a Wacom user  (Read 1096 times)
Jagdeesh

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2011, 13:32:27 PM »

Hi,
I am Jagdeesh Deshpande from India (Asia).
This is the first distro in which my Wacom Bamboo  CTH 460 is working out of the box!I can adjust not only pressure range but pressure curve too!
No where earlier I found entry for graphic tablet in the  input divices' section.
Else where I have tried to make it run and know well what a pain it is. Only in Mint9 (based on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS) I was able to utilize the pen (not touch pad though) to an usable extent.
Before few months I was thinking that it would take another 3 to5 years for Linux to have the full compatibility and configuration as those OSs for which the drivers are provided by the manufacturing company.....But it is already present in Pardus! What a great surprise!
Just imagine the relief and joy  of an average Joe,who is interested in graphics and not in the intricacy of Linux as such and who has for months unsuccessfully tried to follow the complicated command line instructions to compile it from source code from Wacom Project!
I highly appreciate the work of developers and packagers. It clearly shows the attention paid to deliver a high quality product.
The only thing is—if I enable gestures,I loose the 'click' functionality of the touch pad and pen,so disabled gestures presently. Later shall change the 'tap time' and check. After all that is not a big problem ...I can use the pen successfully that is a great thing for me....especially with the above mentioned background and my expertise in Linux!
Once again thanking the Pardus team for such a well finished OS.
With regards.
-Jagdeesh.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 15:15:19 PM »

And to inform the right folks, I have added  Bug 18260 commnt 6 - wacom bambo pen&touch çizim tableti pardus 2009.2 de çalışmadı. .
And as my Turkish knowledge = 0: Grin
I had to read http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=tr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbugs.pardus.org.tr%2Fshow_bug.cgi%3Fid%3D18260 first to understand it.
Jagdeesh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 18:34:00 PM »

@ atolboo

Thanks for linking it at the right place.
Your link regarding 'translate.google.com' too was very helpful for me to go through the matter.

-Jagdeesh.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 19:45:56 PM »

I only use http://translate.google.com/  Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: