Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 08:44:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  New to Pardus & KDE
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New to Pardus & KDE  (Read 1151 times)
felis_silvestris

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2011, 14:10:46 PM »

Hi everybody, I'm from Brighton, England.

I've been running Pardus on my ThinkPad X100e since Friday, & the experience has been really good so far.

I'd never actually used KDE before, just Fluxbox & Gnome, but Gnome 3 really doesn't meld with my working habits.

I'm looking forward to hanging out here & learning more.
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 15:21:25 PM »

Hello Felis_slvestris and a big welcome.  Glad you took the time to send in an email to register to join us here.

I understand a bit about Gnome 3.  I haven't used Gnome in a while and without realizing it, installed it when I installed Fedora 15.  I didn't know you could choose Gnome or KDE during installation.  Gnome 3 reminded me of one of those smart phones or tablets with graphical icons as the main way to interact with the operating system, and somewhat like Dashboard in Mac OS X.    I was glad to get back to KDE, but I have a feeling Gnome 3 will get lots of work done on it to make it more common sensical of a desktop layout.
Nice to know Pardus works on your Thinkpad.
Regards, Lisa Marie
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 19:20:05 PM »

Hi, I'm from England too. I've been using Pardus for a couple of years with very few problems. I've been running fluxbox over KDE for the past few months as I like the minimalist feel of it, also I feel more inclined to use the command line, which is good for keeping my brain active.
gölge
Pardus fellow craft

who you are!..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 20:13:16 PM »

hi and wellcome. you would not be new on pardus so far, cos pardus makes you feel familiar  Smiley

atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 12:30:17 PM »

from here.
owiknowi
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 16:00:27 PM »

hi and welcome, felis_silvestris (sharpens its claws on the pinus silvestris?)
please never hesitate to ask something, especially before something starts to bother you...  Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: