Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 10:31:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  4EverNubi
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4EverNubi  (Read 669 times)
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2011, 01:42:09 AM »

Good day gentlemen and Ladies
 I am a new Pardus user , and I'm from Canada.
At 60 (over, sadly ) I have used most major Linux distros , and have found them wanting in some way or another. Pardus , although a fairly new Linux , seems to have a solidness and directness that I have rarely seen, and muchly appreciate.
Being that I'm Canadian ,a supposedly bilingual country , I refer to my self as Anglophony ( a pun in both languages) .And as the OP suggests , I always seem to learn something new , and I hope to continue to do so.

Anglophony
kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 04:46:40 AM »

Hi, Anglophony / 4EverNubi,

Welcome aboard! I hope you'll enjoy using Pardus and find this forum to be a friendly, helpful place. (I also hope it will help correct the misconception that Pardus' target audience is only Turkish-speaking users). Like you, I am something of a distro-hopper but Pardus is one of my mainstays; I have it installed on both my desktop PC and an HP Mini 210 netbook. It has been very stable for me, and I'm grateful for all the work the developers have done. It's a real accomplishment to have built a distro of such quality from scratch, IMHO.

Besides the user forum, another good source of information is the Pardus Wiki:

http://en.pardus-wiki.org/Main_Page

Is your avatar Bill the Cat? (Please don't forget Opus -- or Steve Dallas).

With best wishes,
=david

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 19:13:38 PM »

Hello and welcome, Anglophony!   It is good to hear you are enjoying Pardus up there in Canada.  Smiley
Regards, Lisa Marie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: