Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 13:10:47 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Installing Canon MF4150 printer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Installing Canon MF4150 printer  (Read 11081 times)
PTSWhite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 01:47:36 AM »

The MF4150 is still running well. The only snag seems to occur when it's installed paper size (letter) does not match the document size (A4). However that can be cured by a restart of the printer and printing application (i.e., LibreOffice Write in this case).

On another note, our thoughts and prayers go to the people of Turkey in the wake of this most recent earthquake. Friends with whom I've trained have already received their deployment orders from FEMA and are en route with search dogs. One can only hope that all the missing are accounted for and there is nothing for them to find.

Peace.

Steve
John A
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 22:37:02 PM »

Is it this driver?

http://www.computechgroup.com/?p=559

http://support-au.canon.com.au/P/search?model=Laser+imageCLASS+MF4140%2FMF4150&menu=download&filter=0&tagname=g_os&g_os=Linux

I prefeer Samsung printers myself. Often "works out of the box" without download any drivers at all.
Like my Samsung ML1640:
http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Samsung/Samsung-ML-1640

I only buy printers marked with 3 penguins. But can be difficult since it take time to all new models to appears there.

This is good to:
http://linuxdeal.com/
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 22:54:34 PM »

I  Find I prefer separate units , multi functions give multi headaches
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 21:18:59 PM »

Yes, a;waus a newbie.  The error is still there.
"usb 2-2: usbfs: interface 0 claimed by usblp while 'usb' sets config #1"

Yes, Anglophony, that is what I've learned from my husband, multi-functioning hardware is a double pain if one of the functions break and you can't fix it, you have to toss the whole thing.  Especially for stereo systems, better to have separate components.  One exception for my husband is his HP OfficeJet Pro 1170C parallel port printer.  Whereas I have a Canon scanner and a Canon printer and the scanner doesn't work in Linux and printing photos on photo paper doesn't work in Linux.
Lisa Marie
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 22:56:49 PM »

To this day , if I find a good , ( even used ) scsi scanner , I try to grab it, if only to get away from the usb sub system.
Printers on parallel ports is about the only thing linux supports there , but it seems to be door knob simple

« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:26:33 AM by Anglophony » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 18:15:04 PM »

My ip3000 print head no longer works with colours, even after cleaning printer ports, so we got a new printer.   Roll Eyes  Do I dare say it is a Canon MX410?  Yep, that is what we ended up with.  Anyway, it's another multifunctional printer/scanner/fax like the one in this thread.  I was wondering if you were able to get the scanner to work?  I tried installing the canon linux drivers (driver for the printer and for the scanner) for this unit, but didn't have success.
There is a cups printer driver available in Pardus for the mx410 when I use the 'add printer' and test page works, but when I run skanlite it says no devices found.  Installed xsane and the same output. If one doesn't mind paying for software, there is an easy solution: [url:http://www.hamrick.com]Vuescan[/url]  .  

I read somewhere that one can scan using GIMP.  Does anyone know about this?
Thanks, Lisa Marie
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 17:03:52 PM by Lisa » Logged
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 19:23:06 PM »

My ip3000 print head no longer works with colours, even after cleaning printer ports, so we got a new printer.   Roll Eyes  Do I dare say it is a Canon MX410?  Yep, that is what we ended up with.  Anyway, it's another multifunctional printer/scanner/fax like the one in this thread.  I was wondering if you were able to get the scanner to work?  I tried installing the canon linux drivers (driver for the printer and for the scanner) for this unit, but didn't have success.
There is a cups printer driver available in Pardus for the mx410 when I use the 'add printer' and test page works, but when I run skanlite it says no devices found.  Installed xsane and the same output. If one doesn't mind paying for software, there is an easy solution: [url:http://www.hamrick.com]Vuescan[/url]  . 

I read somewhere that one can scan using GIMP.  Does anyone know about this?
Thanks, Lisa Marie

Never got the scanner to work without windows , so I bought a fleamarket laser printer ( $5.00 Can )
As I remember from the old days , scanners are variations of printers, so if the drivers are optimized for printing ,then you're in trouble.

At one time Gimp was the more complete as far as drivers was concerned, ( this was when there was only Xsane for the appilcation  ) , I don't know about it these days.

Short of buying a separate (single function ) scanner , I would suggest using windows to scan with and then retrieve the resulting files with linux from the windows filesystem.

Even HP ( a major proponent of linux )  tends to be lackadaisical about providing  FULL compliance for multifuntion printers
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 21:30:15 PM »

Hi Anglo,

I have had to boot into Windows with my previous scanner to work, it being a stand alone Canon scanner.  And like you suggested, I would save the file to my removable and print it in Pardus. 

Vuescan is working fine in Pardus, but I will give it a bit more testing before I decide to hand over forty dollars.

Thanks for the reply.
Lisa Marie
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 22:56:47 PM »

I PIXMA MX410 Linux software here for printer and scanner.
And will do my best to a .pisi package of them tomorrow after my
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 22:59:44 PM by atolboo » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 13:19:16 PM »

And will do my best to ....
Progress report.
The downloaded Linux IJ Scanner Driver MX410.tar contains a manual  and a number of .deb and .rpm packages.
For a preview I have added the manual here in the attachment.
Unpack it and open the file guide_index.htm in Firefox (single/double click the file and FF will do the rest).
For the .pisi package I am going to used the unpacked .rpm files.
Add a .desktop file for the stand-alone scangearmp (see Scanning from a Terminal Software).
I am now going to start

* Canon-MX410series-manual.zip (498.81 KB - downloaded 97 times.)
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 17:10:13 PM »

atolboo, as always, you are a dear one to do this.  Certainly I am in  no hurry.  I appreciate your time and help with this.

I am a bit disappointed with the cups+gutenrpint5.2.7 driver for this printer as the result is faded.  I tried changing the brightness contrast, etc in the printer preferences but it didn't help.  I started to think I had bought a true lemon product.  Then I installed this printer in XP to see how it prints using the install disc that came with the printer and it scans and prints great.  

I was reading over this attempt and I see it can be a big challenge.  One of the things I read mentioned somewhere is a library called ia32 suite, a Debian specific package.  I don't know if this is why I got errors, but it isn't a package that is available in Pardus, and I can't recall where I read that this suite can have security issues, so it has its downfall side.  Call me mush brain.   Maybe it has nothing to do with install problem I had using the source file from Canon.  As you know I am using 64 bit Pardus.

And lo and behold, this printer scans and prints the scanned document without the need to turn on the computer, as you all probably knew about multifunction printers.  

Your smileys say a thousand words.!  
I am much obliged!
Lisa Marie
P.S.  Thanks for providing the  manual.  And since I had to learn how to unpack it via command line it took me a while to learn what command to use, but finally did:
Code:
7z x Canon-MX410series-manual.zip
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 17:13:12 PM by Lisa » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 21:43:45 PM »

P.S.  ......  And since I had to learn how to unpack it via command line it took me a while to learn what command to use, but finally did:
Code:
7z x Canon-MX410series-manual.zip
Why so difficult Huh?
In Dolphin (or Krusader) there is right-click (the .zip file) > Archief hier uitpakken or Extract Archive Here
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 00:08:57 AM »

No, not difficult at all, and that is how I would normally open them.  I should have added that I wanted to learn how to do it with command line and that is what took me a bit of time to learn after doing some searches about it.  No problems on your part, atolboo.  It's just me and my strange ways and departing from the subject.   Smiley

A bit later, on subject.  I have been having a go at the source file, cnijfilter-source-3.50-1 and did a search in this unpacked file for any and all ./autogen.sh.  I then, one by one cd into each directory where it is contained and followed the install instructions. I kept getting several autoheader warnings:
autoheader WARNING Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot

A solution I found was to:
automake -a -c
before running
make
It worked.  Just thought this was of interest.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:40:38 AM by Lisa » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 12:45:02 PM »

I have been having a go at the source file, cnijfilter-source-3.50-1 and did a search in this unpacked file for
The build files for cnijfilter-common-mx410 (Printer Model ID=381) will be equivalent to the build files of cnijfilter-common-mp630.
Right now I am working on the scanner part and the printer part will follow after that. Grin

Edit: At this moment I can build scangearmp-1.70-1-p11-i686.pisi and get....
        Next is the x86_64 version.

Edit: x86_64 version is now ready,

* scangearmp-start.png (24.79 KB, 479x224 - viewed 128 times.)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 21:53:25 PM by atolboo » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 21:54:12 PM »

Progress report: I am now starting the printer part Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: