Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 00:36:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Installing Canon MF4150 printer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Installing Canon MF4150 printer  (Read 11225 times)
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2012, 00:18:10 AM »

Just received a message from a.palius that he made build files for cnijfilter.
This will build a package from cnijfilter-source-3.50-1.tar.gz.
I will build a package from this tomorrow after

...... see what files were installed and where on this system.
In Pardus see Package-Manager > package > Details.
Or
Code:
pisi info package-name -f

The difference between Pardus-x86_64 and Ubuntu-x86_64 for 64-bit library files is:
P-x86_64 go into /usr/lib
U-x86_64 go into /usr/lib64

.......on the Firefox 12!
FF-12.0 is now available for everybody (as update) some 30 minutes ago.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2012, 13:35:03 PM »

I will build a package from this tomorrow after
Test version now (again) available from my playground/atolboo/Canon-mx410
The previous mx410 packages will be replaced by the new ones, so no need to uninstall the old ones. Wink
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2012, 17:02:44 PM »

Kiss  It works.  Thank you gentlemen!  I had turned the printer off, installed the pisi packages you provided using Firefox, restarted my computer and logged in, turned on the power button on printer and the printer applet flashed a 'new printer found' and configured it.  Test page printed fine and so did web page with true bright colours.  Thanks so much for all the time and work you did on this!  I don't know how your eyes can take all that strain.  You are both appreciated here!  I see a few other people have purchased new Canon printers and there are depot pisi's available for them including the mx880.  Ah, a sigh of relief that Canon is finally providing drivers for Linux.  Now I do not regret purchasing this printer.

I've included the files from moonos in synpatic package manager that shows what files were installed for both deb packages and the difference between it and pardus install with the first depot pisi you created.

Now to try the scanner.  I didn't try installing the scanner drivers in the ubuntu-based distro yet, so will give it a try next. Will try it in Pardus first. 
Thanks for Firefox 12.  You folks don't stay idle.  I have to say again, I appreciate the hard work on these packages you create for us!
Regards, Lisa Marie

* deb_isntall_can.txt (8.71 KB - downloaded 95 times.)
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2012, 00:18:07 AM »

In Pardus, scangearmp says, cannot find available drivers. In Pardus I did:
Code:
sane-find-scanner

# sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

# No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x174e [MX410 series]) at libusb:001:004
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by
  # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.

# Not checking for parallel port scanners.

# Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.

# You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
  # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
  # necessary
so it is found.

I then went into ubuntu based distro moonos and unpacked the tar file and installed the two deb packages and when I ran scangearmp, it successfully showed the scanner then opened up the scangearmp utility, which I did a preview scan and it worked.  That really surprised me.  Linux = scanner = works!   In that os, sane-utils is installed, not sane nor xsane.  Flex is installed, so I installed that in Pardus but still no scanner found.  Just to let you know.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 11:44:12 AM »

I will focus my attention on scangearmp after I have finished the upcoming Thunderbird-12.0 Wink
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2012, 13:47:32 PM »

Smiley  and a Happy Thunderbird working!  I installed Firefox 12 last night, much obliged!
Regards, Lisa Marie
a.palius
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2012, 21:07:58 PM »

In Pardus, scangearmp says, cannot find available drivers.

pardus2011 ~ # pisi info scangearmp                                                                                                                   
Package found in pardususer.de repository:                                                   
Name                : scangearmp, version: 1.60, release: 2                                 
Summary             : Scanning front-end GUI for Canon Multifunction Inkjet Printer.         
Description         : This ScanGear MP provides scanning functions for Canon Multifunction   
                      Inkjet Printer series; mp250, mp280, mp495, mg5100, mg5200, mg6100,   
                      and mg8100.
I guess current version of scangearmp is not suitable for your scanner. Probably you need ver. 1.80 which is dedicated for mg2100, mg3100, mg4100, mg5300, mg6200, mg8200, e500 series. I'm going to prepare scangearmp 1.80 package tomorrow evening (CEST).
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2012, 02:55:36 AM »

I did install the scaangearmp ver. 1.60 that you provided in depot to see if it would work.  No, it didn't.  What it did do was add to GIMP, File>Create>ScanGear MP entry.  I tried using that but it also brought up the same message, driver not found. 

I had a look at what version that I installed in the debian distro I have (moonOS) that does work.  It is version 1.70.  The file I downloaded from Canon - Linux IJ Scanner Driver MX410.tar and installed packages scangearmp-common_1.70-1_amd64.deb and scangearmp-mx410series_1.70-1_amd64.deb.  The moonOS distro has more recent updates than Pardus 2011, and it is the gnome desktop if that matters. 

Much obliged to your work, a. palius!
Lisa Marie
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2012, 16:25:00 PM »

@Lisa
I guess I am getting too old as I now see how it should be possible to make a .pisi package from scangearmp-source-1.70-1.tar.gz

I should have found this earlier Embarrassed
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2012, 16:48:55 PM »

Fresh eyes in the morning.  I admit, I can't be on the computer in the evenings as my eyes don't concentrate well, plus I am a morning person.  Again, I appreciate your work and time on this.

I had a look at the error I was getting in scangear GUI about 'cannot find scanner' and ended up at the Puppy linux forum.  I had a look at the package/pet that was created for one person that got that message when they tried.  The package/pet maker created a pet that then worked for that person. I looked it over.   I noticed the libs installed had matching links.  There are no matching links for your scanner pisi creation.  I then checked the working printer libs you created and they have links.  So maybe it is this?  I'll include my write up text file.

P.S.  and I had another look at the ubuntu based /usr/lib/bjlib files and they are the same as what is in Pardus, so ignore my above remark.  I thought DAT files were for Windows.

* missing_links.txt (0.64 KB - downloaded 77 times.)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 16:52:15 PM by Lisa » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2012, 23:31:16 PM »

I guess current version of scangearmp is not suitable for your scanner. Probably you need ver. 1.80 which is dedicated for mg2100, mg3100, mg4100, mg5300, mg6200, mg8200, e500 series. I'm going to prepare scangearmp 1.80 package tomorrow evening (CEST).
According to this MX410 is should be 1.70

@Lisa Maria
a.palius has been and his result can now be tested from my playground/Canon-mx410.
No need to remove the previous packages first.

And when this test is successful, I will make scangearmp-common-1.80 available.
This is to test whether scangearmp-common-1.80 is downward compatible with scangearmp-common-1.70.
We can not do this test as we don't have the necessary  hardware to do this compatibility test our self.
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2012, 01:17:38 AM »

Wonderful!  Ah, gee thanks so much!  I'm now printing a scanned document that scangearmp GUI saved as PDF.  Nice job to you and a. palius!  I thought he was wrong about 1,8 but he was right.  Cheesy
I'm excited as now I won't have to log into Windows anymore and can get rid of it.  The scanner was the last device to hold out from Linux.  And really amazing as it is a new multifunctional and a Canon product.  Definitely solved here.
Hugs to you both!
Regards, Lisa Marie
a.palius
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2012, 06:37:56 AM »

I thought he was wrong about 1,8 but he was right.  Cheesy
I was wrong you need 1.70.
According to this MX410 is should be 1.70
You're right.

I'm now printing a scanned document that scangearmp GUI saved as PDF.
Thanks for testing.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2012, 09:55:05 AM »

........ I thought he was wrong about 1,8 but he was right.  Cheesy
and
And when this test is successful, I will make scangearmp-common-1.80 available.
This is to test whether scangearmp-common-1.80 is downward compatible with scangearmp-common-1.70.
We can not do this test as we don't have the necessary  hardware to do this compatibility test our self.
Right now you have scangearmp-common-1.70 installed.
1. Check with "pisi info scangearmp-common".
2. Now install scangearmp-common-1.80-2-p11-..... from my playground atolboo/Canon-mx410/scanner (<< this will replace scangearmp-common-1.70).
3. Check again with "pisi info scangearmp-common" whether scangearmp-common-1.80 is installed.

4. And test the scanner if it's still fully functional

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:57:57 AM by atolboo » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2012, 14:24:45 PM »

a.palius, I'm the only one that can doubt myself.  Just tested 1.8 common and it works.  Cheesy  I never would have thought about backward compatibility.

Code:
pisi info scangearmp-common
Installed package:
Name                : scangearmp-common, version: 1.70, release: 2
Summary             : Scanning front-end GUI for Canon Multifunction Inkjet Printer.
Description         : This ScanGear MP provides scanning functions for Canon Multifunction Inkjet
                      Printer.
Licenses            : GPLv2, as-is
Component           : hardware.scanner
Provides            :
Dependencies        : gimp gtk2 sane-backends atk cairo pango freetype fontconfig gdk-pixbuf
Distribution        : Pardus, Dist. Release: 2011
Architecture        : x86_64, Installed Size: 1.16 MB
Reverse Dependencies: scangearmp-mx410series

pisi info scangearmp-common
Installed package:
Name                : scangearmp-common, version: 1.80, release: 2
Description         : This ScanGear MP provides scanning functions for Canon Multifunction Inkjet
                      Printer.
Licenses            : GPLv2, as-is
Component           : hardware.scanner
Provides            :
Dependencies        : gimp gtk2 sane-backends atk cairo pango freetype fontconfig gdk-pixbuf
Distribution        : Pardus, Dist. Release: 2011
Architecture        : x86_64, Installed Size: 1.17 MB
Reverse Dependencies: scangearmp-mx410series

Scanned a document, saved it as .png then printed it.  All working that I know of.  And again, thank you!
Lisa Marie
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: