Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 20:37:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  Bluetoothd doesn't start well
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluetoothd doesn't start well  (Read 4868 times)
pastis
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 15:09:08 PM »

Hello guys,

So it was working for some days, but now it's broken again hehe.
About the obex-data-server, I didn't install it because it was working without it.
Now it's broken again (without any updates or anything), so I gonna try a new reinstall including obex-data-server.

Anyway thank you guys, I think the problem is maybe related to some suspend action that are corrupting the bluetoothd process. I really have no further idea, so I gonna leave it like this for now.

Have a nice day,
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 23:07:22 PM »

That has me curious.  I know another fellow at the Turkish forum was having problem with his Bluetooth wireless.  I can't help but wonder if this has something to do with the network problems others are having, even though your device is a set of earphones, but still uses wireless hardware.  Or possibly ntrack which tracks network interfaces, as I've often read ntrack in relation to suspend/hibernation problems of laptops.  

One way to try:
Code:
sudo pisi rm ntrack --ignore-dependency

You can reinstall it if needed or to test future fixes:
Code:
sudo pisi it ntrack
I will warn you that I'm using dial up and do not have Bluetooth devices.  So if this breaks your system, blame me.  Shocked  Not having ntrack on my system doesn't cause problems.  
Lisa Marie

P.S.  As usual,I forgot something.  If you had the Bluetooth problem in the initial Pardus 2011 release in January, then it isn't caused by ntrack since ntrack wasn't added until Pardus 2011.1 release. 

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 23:32:17 PM by Lisa » Logged
owiknowi
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 07:46:28 AM »

bluetooth doesn't seem to be working over here neither. tried a logitech bt-mouse and a nokia gsm with bt.
clicking on 'add device' does start up the search gui but that just shows a small bar going from left to right to left, endlessly.

tried it with both 2011.2_32 and _64 (default installations); bluez service & bluedevil are up and running.  Huh?
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 19:40:13 PM »

nougah and owiknowi, do you have Pardus 2011-2 x_86_64 testing repo. enabled?   I do and just recently the ntrack library has been patch fixed.  May not be relavent for Bluetooth, but just wanted to mention this.  I just installed ntrack from testing and can mark the kded4 cpu spiking bug solved for me. 
Lisa Marie
owiknowi
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 07:34:51 AM »

hi lisa marie,

i use these installations on a daily base, hence i only use the stable repositories and no test or devel.
will try to install another 2011.2 to tinker with and try your suggestion.

p.s. with most other penguins bluetooth just works out of the box, so my first guess would be it's a small bug? 
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 15:44:30 PM »

Thanks for feedback, owiknowi.  With Pardus, I have never had a problem with 'testing' repository enabled, as Pardus team is very conservative before putting any packages in it, unlike many other, bigger Linux os's I've used that tend to push things too quickly, being 'eager beavers' as they say here in the USA.

I was hoping to borrow a Bluetooth mouse to try.  I'm unfamiliar with Bluetooth technology and looked at the wiki information.  The mouse I borrowed is wireless, but I don't think it's Bluetooth.  It uses a usb Nano receiver, 2.4GHz and has an on/off switch.  There's also a 'connect' button that I didn't need to use to get it to work.  Now, to try and learn what this ONN brand mouse uses for its signal.  I did learn that Bluetooth is proprietary, and read at one forum where a person finally got their Bluetooth mouse working by putting it in 'discover mode', but I have no idea what he meant, but said he was able to get it working when he located in Dolphin file manager via discover mode.   
Lisa Marie
owiknowi
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 20:43:39 PM »

thanks for your information. it's no trouble to set up another pardus just to tinker with (half an hour and it's up and running  .)

afaik, bluetooth is an invention of sony / ericson or, initially, just from ericson. they ones had a big develop team over here in holland.
bluetooth is pretty generic nowadays and even may be used freely in the open source world, afaik...

on other computers here at hand, bluetooth works, it's the hp dv6 that's giving me a hard time, again. so probably something too complicated to get my 1-bit brain around.

i already set the gsm in discover mode, for all to see, just like the pc. bit difficult to do the same with the mouse (only a button on the bottom to set it to signal.)

your wireless mouse looks like a generic radio transmission and receiver mouse to me, just like my regular logitech wireless trackman.
those almost always work: plug in receiver and of you go... 
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 01:17:41 AM »

Yes, a Hollander invention.  Smiley  I read that Bluetooth mouse will actually look for best signal if there is interference from other hardware one is using, or even kitchen appliances in nearby locale.  This wireless mouse just stays on the one signal.  Still learning about these new fangled/old fangled devices as my husband and I tend to stay with hardware (and cars) for years and years before upgrading. 

I forgot to mention that it is best policy to not have testing repo. enabled, even in Pardus, but since Pardus moved to KDE 4 I've been enabling it.  I feel KDE 4 is one big test as it goes through many changes.  In my Pardus Corporate, I do not have test repo enabled as it uses reliable KDE 3.5.10. 

Another suggestion at a forum for a fix, was to:
Code:
su
bluetoothd -u
exit
exit
and see if that works.  If it does, one can add this command to /etc/conf.d/local.start text file to have device working upon starting computer. 
Lisa Marie
owiknowi
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 18:27:30 PM »

there it is: bluetooth uncovered (form sweden): https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Bluetooth

btw. still have to try your suggestions. i'll get back to you on that, asap.
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 22:08:06 PM »

Hi owiknowi,
You can tell the information I found was from Fedora, as you have to give the su command.  It should work with 'sudo' and no need to change to root. 
I'm still looking to get my hands on a Bluetooth something or other but I haven't found anyone that has Bluetooth, which also has to have an adapter, and my put together computer doesn't have one.  My iMac does, though. 
 must say, I like this ONN wireless mouse and I will be reluctant to return it, though it did get some poor reviews from WalMart site.
Lisa Marie
owiknowi
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2011, 08:30:23 AM »

hi lisa marie,
yesterday evening installed a 2011.2_64 and ubuntu 11.10 (wining marvin) on the hp dv6. both just to tinker with.
will try your commands today and i'll post the results.

i have a logitech bt-mouse which i connected without any hassle on both an asus ul50a and a samsung x460.
also the nokia gsm connects just fine.

until the start of this topic, hardly ever tried bt on the hp dv6. believe ones with unity-linux (neat basic penguin to build your own distro with.)
so, it's just for this topics sake, and in order to get nougah's bt to work, we'll get the hp to work as well with everything blue too.
owiknowi
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2011, 16:46:53 PM »

alas, i can't get bluetooth working on the hp dv6. tried both 2011.2_32 and _64, but also ubuntu 11.10 and mageia 1.
nuffink! both gsm and bt-mouse work on more generic notebooks, just hanging around here in their easy chair, grinning. Grin

so i did a bad thing: with this computer came a sort of pre-installed os. called windos or something weird like that.
installed it, , and, i'll only whisper this: all bt's connected... ouch (still got slapped by the penguin.)

now, to me bluetooth is just bluetooth, like wireless is wireless and a penguin is no window. so, why do they make things this way? or, how should i put it, are they just stupid?
probably just boils down to good old greed and the sheer power that comes with it. sigh. i think i'll give my computer a nice hot cup of tea.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: