Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:29:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Fun website
| | |-+  A better world
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A better world  (Read 892 times)
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2011, 14:42:16 PM »

For the ladies  Grin

http://xkcd.com/322/
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 15:46:56 PM »

Yes, something similar happened to me at a forum where I made the mistake of joining in on their chat section.  At first I was angry, but then I prayed for him and his wife to forgive him and help them as they were obviously having problems, and yes the internet increasing temptations twenty fold as it is all right there in your face from the comfort of your chair.
Lisa Marie
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 15:56:34 PM »

Yes , a major problem.However there ARE groups now like  LINUX CHIX ,and over my life time ,I see the paradigm shifting , but yes , still a uphill road . Embarrassed
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 16:04:11 PM »

Hi Anglophony,

For me it isn't a major problem as I don't visit too many forums where that happens and most of the forums I visit are mainly all male forums, but the subjects are what appeals to me, like tobacco pipe forums, Toyota MR2 forum, car repair forums, gardening forum, medical stuff forum, and oh yes, Linux forums. 
The paradigm shift might see you getting hit on by a another female in today's world.  More praying, more forgiving and turn off the computer.  Smiley
Lisa Marie
owiknowi
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 10:29:44 AM »

with all due respect and really not meaning to barge in your nice topic, but i happen to agree with you both.
one of the neat things of an alias is, one doesn't per se have to know what gender the other side is.

alas, often one can in time, e.g. by the reactions:
men really, really need to get their point across; women on the other hand can make a point and leave it at that.

sincere good thoughts for the both of you (regardless of gender)!
_O_
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: