Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 00:39:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Hi, from Belfast
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi, from Belfast  (Read 945 times)
Armstrong

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2011, 00:24:15 AM »

Hi,

Just install Pardus 2011.2, on a Foxconn nt330i everything works fine. And on eMachines em350, having problems with the wireless card, which has given problems with previous distro.

Reason for choosing Pardus, found it by on Distrowatch after having a nasty experience when I let Ubuntu upgrade to 11.10. First it fail to upgrade and on going getting the latest burn and installing I found I couldn't opt out  of the awful unity desktop.

Installed Pardus on both machine from a USB SanDisk, worked perfectly. The installer worked fine, and the install was really quick. Still getting used to pisi after using 'apt-get' and 'yum install'.

Finding the admin and setup pretty easy to use. All round a solid distro, am very happy will my choice.
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 01:13:31 AM »

Good on you,and welcome to the site. You'll find the bunch a friendly one, and you can ask any question you like ( no such a thing as a silly one ).Cruise around and take a look see , you'll find most of your answers ( if not all ).

Enjoy
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 01:21:40 AM »

Hi Armstrong, and nice to have you here, and I'm happy to hear you are enjoying Pardus! 
Lisa Marie
Mark
Pardus fellow craft

Hobbies: computers, gardening, travel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 03:24:38 AM »

Welcome to our little group Armstrong. It is growing..slow but sure...and they seem to be doing a pretty bang up job adding new features etc...
The nice thing is they are quite responsive to feature/app requests....between the main devel in Turkey and the additional repos.....
owiknowi
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 08:53:56 AM »

hi from holland and welcome.
same way i landed here: troubles with the ubuntu family (10.04 lts didn't work on my new pc, nor the later editions).
started looking for a solid os which could get most of the hardware working. found it here: a penguin disguised as a leopard!
John A
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 13:54:15 PM »

This video show a lot of Pardus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg7r_NwEYfY

Not about the latest version but good anyway.
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 14:57:12 PM »

Hi from Northamptonshire,
I've been using Pardus for two years now. Did try one or two others in the early days, but kept coming back. I haven't felt the need to experiment with different distros for a fair while now.  Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: