Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 10:57:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  DTMF tones: is there any working solution for Pardus
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTMF tones: is there any working solution for Pardus  (Read 797 times)
KimTjik
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2007, 21:57:53 PM »

I'm back working on getting Pardus to work for an organization of volunteers. A previous IBM NetVista computer wasn't compatible, but a newer AMD 754 does work perfectly well besides a common acpi issue. Enough about that, now to my question:

Does anyone know about how to get DTMF tones to work in Skype? Or do you recommend another IP telephone solution?

It's crucial to find a solution. I know that the Skype developers have had a lot of problems concerning this in both linux and Mac.

Last: heads up for a good distro! It will get even better when Pardus gets a good manual in English. I think that would give the project a good boost.
KimTjik
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 23:41:07 PM »

OK, I found a stupid but working solution... at least to some extent. It's totally manual and doesn't solve the real problem:

- since Skype creates the correct DTMF tone (I still need to test all of them) but fail to send the tone back over the Internet-connection, it's possible to simply pump up the volume and put the microphone close to a loudspeaker, and voila you get the DTMF tone to be sent and picked up!

I know, this is a clumsy and silly solution, but until anyone has a better one, preferably on a software level, I suppose I have to live with this one.  Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: