Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:52:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  The Pub
| | |-+  Linux Mint new No.1 at distrowatch list.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Linux Mint new No.1 at distrowatch list.  (Read 1759 times)
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 16:41:38 PM »

@ John A.

I agree with the article on one thing............micro$oft is persistant
interesting to note that asus  ( I THINK , I need more coffee) ,is promising tablets , one for windows , and one for linux..........
Mark
Pardus fellow craft

Hobbies: computers, gardening, travel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 17:11:29 PM »

Interesting article, and I agree with one of the respondent's suggestions of spiffs and merchandising the name rather than the software..T-shirts, mugs, etc....Community coordinator could engage the community with contests and even possibly have community programming contests for open source projects in Pardus.

The key being to engage the community in a proactive manner and to bring excitement to the community and product.

BTW I am not a fan of the white on black installer...it's drab.

John A
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 17:37:25 PM »

The new Linux Mint will have a interesting solution with the Gnome 3 issues:
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1851
owiknowi
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 17:38:59 PM »

@anglophony

although a bit off topic:
yes, my 1-bit switched from 0 (no connection) to 1 (yes, i understand). so, that covers the binary part nicely Grin

what do you know: just read john irvings 'twisted river' which is partly set in toronto, where he resides himself too, some of his time. he also mentioned canada being bi-lingual (can i say it that way? actual it's multi lingual, if one respects the native tongues too, but that's just imho, again)

till recent even had family in your country: in calgary, alberta. she went to canada during ww II and joined canadian forces.

to stay on topic a bit: linux from scratch and arch linux are both canadian afaik? i often take look in the wiki from arch. a real recommendation for those who like penguins (nah, no real penguins in canada...)

Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 18:00:04 PM »

Technically Bilingual, in practice a smorgasborg language wise, since we are a very cosmopolitan country
As for indian languages : http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4953  Grin

Not sure on LFS or Arch , but  here was STORM (debian) , Corel linux  ( now Xandros a debian distro ) ....

and hat we lack in penguins , we make up for with polar bears , and Inuit Tongue
owiknowi
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 18:20:57 PM »

Technically Bilingual, in practice a smorgasborg language wise, since we are a very cosmopolitan country
As for indian languages : http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4953  Grin

Not sure on LFS or Arch , but  here was STORM (debian) , Corel linux  ( now Xandros a debian distro ) ....

and hat we lack in penguins , we make up for with polar bears , and Inuit Tongue

maybe we should start a topic called 'canadian penguins' (and yes, they both derive from canada), owiknowi would thrive well over there...
owiknowi
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 19:41:23 PM »

The new Linux Mint will have a interesting solution with the Gnome 3 issues:
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1851

nice article john a, nice contradictions too (in the article that is).

like quote blog: "It doesn’t do multi-tasking well (you can’t see opened windows, system tray icons, etc..)" and a little further it goes "... and is developing a better way for us to interact with our computer"

right, who is 'us' and what is that about 'our computer'? are we going to implant them (may i have a yellowish-blueish-bright-black one)? or share one big cuddly computy thingy worldwide? no, lets start a commune with them!

and who would ever want a computer to be multi-tasking? we are multi-taskingable ourselves!
we can write letters and draw something by hand, meanwhile stare at the clouds or stars, and listen to music too, mind you...

who needs a functional computer these enlightened days? lets abolish the computers! starting with the software (the little leds are still pretty neat).

to the artists who are so concerned with new desktops, i would suggest: look up the words usability and computers in a paper dictionary.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: