Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 14:24:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Pardus doesn't detect my iPod
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus doesn't detect my iPod  (Read 1068 times)
Endzone

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2011, 11:44:16 AM »

That's it. I plug it, it connects but then Clementine can't find it. It works well with other distros like Mint et simila. I'm kinda noob so is there a way to know if my iPod is connected properly? Thanks for your help guys  Grin
willy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 12:38:45 PM »

And with Amarok?
owiknowi
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 12:41:12 PM »

take a look here and here, maybe there's some information that'll make it work.
Endzone

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 12:58:28 PM »

Thanks for your replies Wink I know amarok and other software are just one click away, but I've already got Clementine on my system and I really like it, so why should I change it? I mean, I've got clementine running on other distros and it correctly detect my ipod. So I was wondering if it's a sort of library missing problem in pardus, cos it's the only OS that can't recognize my device Wink
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 16:35:43 PM »

Hi,
I don't have an iPod, either, but have a read here:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/clementine-not-detecting-ipod-on-slack-13-37-a-892037/

http://code.google.com/p/clementine-player/issues/detail?id=1060

The file /usr/share/doc/libgpod/README.sysinfo makes it sound like one needs to set up the firewire id, but maybe this is already done automatically.   If the device is detected by Pardus I would think not. 

I just installed Amarok, and do see the plugins for ipods, but there aren't any plugins in Clementine, the new Amarok for KDE4.
Lisa Marie

Endzone

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 10:55:15 AM »

There's a solution in the second link you gave me, but I realize that I'd better change my player if I want to connect my iPod without having to manually configure something Sad
Thanks for your help guys, you're always very nice  Grin
John A
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 12:50:15 PM »

Maybe iRiver could be something?
http://local.iriver.com/usa/product/productSpec.asp?lpCode=M0018

http://local.iriver.com/usa/product/productSpec.asp?lpCode=M0005

Support: MP3, OGG, Flac etc..
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:54:52 PM by John A » Logged
owiknowi
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 13:24:24 PM »

Thanks for your replies Wink I know amarok and other software are just one click away, but I've already got Clementine on my system and I really like it, so why should I change it? I mean, I've got clementine running on other distros and it correctly detect my ipod. So I was wondering if it's a sort of library missing problem in pardus, cos it's the only OS that can't recognize my device Wink
i'm running 2011.2, connecting an ipod classic (120gb), it's visible in dolphin. i even can browse the weird storage & naming convention from them apples.
also play the music stored on it with clementine (open media).

clementine can't recognize the proper names of songs. there's no option to import songs to the ipod (maybe an extra plug in used by mint and simila?)

thing is that pardus does recognize the ipod the proper way (ipod is set to be usb host).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 13:26:35 PM by owiknowi » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 22:37:46 PM »

I was wondering if your ipod shows up in Device Notifier applet?  If you click on the action device button to right of it and then start Clementine it will show it listed.  I notice that if I activate my usb flash drive, that is when Clementine shows it in Device listing.   Just curious what generation iPod you have?  Edited:  Nope, don't need to activate this type device as it automatically shows up in Clementine device list, but my external usb hard drive does not unless I activate it/mount it in device list applet.

I also looked at one of the other Linux distros file, /lib/udev/rules.d/90-libgpod.rules just to see if it was set up differently.  There is an added section:
Code:
# Some iPod Shuffle (4G) don't have a partition, only a filesystem on the
# block device. The rule above won't match for such iPods because it wants
# a partition. And given that some Nano5g have been seen as reporting a
# filesystem on the block device while they have a partition, we don't want
# to run the rule below unconditionally. So we add a check for
# ID_PART_TABLE_TYPE, if it's empty, it means we only have a block device,
# in which case we can run the callout
ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_FS_USAGE}=="filesystem", ENV{DEVTYPE}=="disk", ENV{ID_PART_TABLE_TYPE}!="?*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="05ac", ENV{ID_MODEL}=="iPod", IMPORT{program}="/lib/udev/ipod-set-info $tempnode $attr{busnum} $attr{devnum}", GOTO="libgpod_end"

Lisa Marie
P.S. @owiknowi, I think what you describe is Pardus Bug 19076.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 21:08:56 PM by Lisa » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: