Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 16:53:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Firefox is dead!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Firefox is dead!  (Read 910 times)
Mark
Pardus fellow craft

Hobbies: computers, gardening, travel

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2011, 02:34:45 AM »

Sorry for the melodramatic subject line, but here it goes...

Firefox does not completely load now...it only loads to an empty window. No menus, no web page, nothing...just the window frame.

I have reloaded the app from the Repositories...no luck

I uninstalled via Software center, then reinstalled fresh...no luck

Suggestions anyone?
donnie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 04:03:04 AM »

You could try renaming your ~/.mozilla directory so that firefox has to create a new one.
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 04:38:04 AM »

@mark
Try starting firefox from the command line "konsole ".Take note what the errors are generated.
owiknowi
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 07:37:59 AM »

what happens if you create a new account, log in, and try to start ff?

i've noticed some odd behaviour from mozilla from time to time too. like trying to start ff or t-bird and it just wouldn't load.
i often can solve this by powering off the pc, remove power cable for a few minutes, and then start the pc again.

when uninstalling ff -or most apps- often there are still parts left, like folders and settings. purging is often a better way but even then i have to remove some (hidden)folders manually from /home/username/.

note: sometimes these 'left overs' are part of dependencies. so the advice from donnie and anglophony are safer ways to start with.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: