Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 20:38:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Google+ Hangouts: also working in Pardus 2011
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Google+ Hangouts: also working in Pardus 2011  (Read 7429 times)
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2011, 20:53:50 PM »

I could access to the final room of Google+ hangout.
I see myself in the webcam and the micro work.
But I don't invite someone for test the video tchat.
All seem to be O.K....I say seem
Thanks and this ^^^ result is OK for me for a confirmation.
I will now start on the x86_64 version.
Kranthi
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2011, 16:17:45 PM »

Thanks atolboo, It's working. The actual problem was that when i searched for google+ hangouts in google, only the plugin download link page was shown.
When i clicked the hangout button in google +, it worked nice.

The Cube
acjohnson
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2012, 07:54:33 AM »

If anyone is interested I have updated the google-talk plugin to the latest version (v2.6.2.0):

For 32-bit:
Code:
pisi build http://packages.pcdomain.com/build-files/pardus-2011/devel/network/plugin/google-talkplugin-32bit/pspec.xml
Code:
pisi install google-talkplugin-2.6.2.0-2-p11-i686.pisi

For 64-bit:
If you are running Pardus 64-bit you must have the pardus-devel repo installed and you must temporarily disable the default pardus repo:
Code:
pisi ar pardus-devel http://packages.pardus.org.tr/pardus/2011.2/devel/x86_64/pisi-index.xml.xz
Code:
pisi dr pardus

Now build and install:
Code:
pisi build http://packages.pcdomain.com/build-files/pardus-2011/devel/network/plugin/google-talkplugin-64bit/pspec.xml
Code:
pisi install google-talkplugin-2.6.2.0-2-p11-x86_64.pisi
Then disable the pardus-devel repo and re-enable the pardus repo:
Code:
pisi dr pardus-devel && pisi er pardus

• Please Note: If installing on Pardus 64-bit you will likely be required to install many dependencies from the pardus-devel repo including libxml2, glib2, pisi and several other system packages along with a bunch of 32-bit compatibility packages.

I am not hosting the Google talk plugin binary because it is a closed source plugin and I don't know what Google says about redistribution...

This hasn't been fully tested so please report back here if you have any problems.

[EDIT]
If you manually installed the plugin in the past you will have to manually remove the old plugin first! If you originally installed using pisi then pisi will take care of the rest for you.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:24:59 AM by acjohnson » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: