Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 00:10:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus Project
| | |-+  Other DEs
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Other DEs  (Read 3839 times)
zvacet
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 10:43:58 AM »

Anglo can correct me if I´m wrong,but as far I can remember I installed e17 from graphical pisi just selecting e17 and dependencies comes with it.I never try to uninstall  Smiley so I don´t know how will e17 act.It should bbe similar with other DE but you never know.To go on topic again it is not problem to install different DE,problem was changing them on login screen.
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 14:51:56 PM »

Anglo can correct me if I´m wrong,but as far I can remember I installed e17 from graphical pisi just selecting e17 and dependencies comes with it.I never try to uninstall  Smiley so I don´t know how will e17 act.It should bbe similar with other DE but you never know.To go on topic again it is not problem to install different DE,problem was changing them on login screen.

I am using the comak version now , but originally I started with the Kde version and just added E17 from graphical pisi.
With comak ,I wanted some kde tools , so I have a minimal kde install as well, plus installed xbmc.
all selectable from the login screen.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 14:57:16 PM by Anglo » Logged
owiknowi
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2011, 09:08:51 AM »

so, the question remains the same  Wink :
what is the best way to go about and install another d.e. besides kde and not on top of it?

or do the developers @pardus focus on kde (3,5 for kurumsal and 4 for 2011) and thus are more or less specialized in kde?
the latter could mean, imho that is, it's wise to stick to the basic pardus since that's their real cup of tea (or joe)?

p.s. but then again, there's this too... if only i could upgrade my brain to 2-bits...
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2011, 16:48:59 PM »

so, the question remains the same  Wink :
1:what is the best way to go about and install another d.e. besides kde and not on top of it?

2: or do the developers @pardus focus on kde (3,5 for kurumsal and 4 for 2011) and thus are more or less specialized in kde?
the latter could mean, imho that is, it's wise to stick to the basic pardus since that's their real cup of tea (or joe)?

3: p.s. but then again, there's this too... if only i could upgrade my brain to 2-bits...

1: There ARE several separate dedicated iso's at : http://comak.comu.edu.tr/  : but they haven't been updated since july 6 2011, the backends seem to all work ( of the tools I'm using ) the gui's ,not always , so YMMV

2: Pardus is mainly Kde based as far as I can see.......

3: You have to decide if you want to do the installation via Pardus ( and it methods and dependencies)  or to go to the home site of whatever DE  and do it THEIR way.
e.g. start with a minimal installation and add more through SVN or from the respective DE's home web site. You would likely need to compile with the Pardus compile tools.
Plus's and minus's  either way
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 19:59:54 PM by Anglo » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: