Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 23:29:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Pardus End of Life
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus End of Life  (Read 11693 times)
owiknowi
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2011, 17:29:54 PM »

i've just requested a translation into english of the article michiel refers to and the need for doing so.
maybe we'll get a response on that?

imho it's no good leaving serious forums like this one, and e.g. the german forum, uninformed about important organizational changes.
rumours will, likely sooner then later, be harmful (q.e.d.)
dedebekri
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »

Her yeni yıl başka güzel
İki ayı aşkın süredir Pardus projesinin akıbetini konuşuyoruz kendi bloglarımızda, forumlarda, sosyal medya sitelerinde. Maalesef herhangi bir resmi bir açıklama yapmadığımız için de kişisel görüş bildirmekten ileri gidemedi bu konuşmalar.
Koray’la birlikte bu bloga başlarken projede olan biteni anlattığımız bir yer olsun demiştik, hâlâ da aynı çizgide devam ediyoruz. Devam eden yeniden yapılanma süreci sonuçlanmış değil, yani çalışmalar devam ediyor. Yapılanma çalışmaları sürdüğü için, ilan ettiğimiz takvime göre Kurumsal 2.1′in çıkışını durdurduk. Ancak “Pardus projesi kapatılıyormuş” başta olmak üzere etraftan duyduğumuz laflar söylentiden ibaret. Proje kapatılmıyor, değişime ve dönüşüme uğruyor. Bu süreçte neler değişeceğini birlikte göreceğiz. Kararlar alındıkça, uygulamaya geçildikçe biz de yazıp sizleri bilgilendirmeye devam edeceğiz.
Yeni yılınız kutlu olsun.

Source: http://developer.pardus.org.tr/people/topluluk/blog/2011/12/her-yeni-yil-baska-guzel/

Here is the full translation;
We have been speaking about the future of Pardus project for over 2 months, on blogs, forums, and on social media websites. Unfortunately, since we did not make any kind of official announcement, these conversations could not go further than declaring personal thoughts.
When we started this blog together with Koray, we wanted to have a place to tell people what is going on on the project side, we still follow the same path. The ongoing reconstruction process has not ended, so studies continue.  Since reconstruction studies continue, we stopped the release of Corporate 2.1, which was due to our announced schedule.  However, sentences like “Pardus project is being ended” and alike are nothing but rumors. The project is not ending, it is converting and changing.  Together we will see what will change in this process. As long as decisions are made and they are put into practice, we will continue to write and inform you.
Happy new year.

That is good news from the "inside". This lady (Nihan Katipoglu) was one of the "community coordinators" with Koray Loker, who just recently resigned from TUBITAK (http://developer.pardus.org.tr/people/loker/blog/alnina-koyarken-veda-buseni/).

Happy new year to all!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:29:05 AM by dedebekri » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2011, 09:36:19 AM »

and I will continue my with pardus.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:41:38 AM by atolboo » Logged
dedebekri
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2011, 09:41:22 AM »

Like my English Smiley I cannot use English clearly,
And your English is so that I can very well understand what you are writing.
This as a non-native EN-language person.
  again.
.....Pardus user since 2007.
The same ^^^ is valid for me Wink

Mr. Ali Erkan Imrek is a respected Pardus contributor in the Turkish community.

He is also the writer of this blog; http://armuting.blogspot.com
which is well known because of a recent blog entry; http://armuting.blogspot.com/2011/12/sona-m-yaklasyoruz.html  (Sona mi yaklasiyoruz? = Are we approaching to the end?)

@Atolboo
Thank you for all your support and your kind contribution to this community!
Also you are regarding the translation!

See you in 2012!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:52:39 AM by dedebekri » Logged
owiknowi
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2011, 10:00:31 AM »

thank you very much dedebekri!

true progress originates often from changes. 

and a very good 2012 to you and all others at pardus too.

best regards,

owiknowi
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »

..... regarding the translation!
I can only contribute to the NL(<< my native), (less) EN/DE and (much less) FR part of it Wink
And my TR = 0 (<< I totally depend on http://translate.google.com/) Embarrassed
kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2012, 20:35:16 PM »

Here is the full translation;
We have been speaking about the future of Pardus project for over 2 months, on blogs, forums, and on social media websites. [. . .]

Hi, Bekir and armut,

Many thanks to both of you for providing us with timely, accurate translations.  Smiley I have been trying to follow the news about Pardus' future, but the language barrier has frustrated me.

Pardus is one of my favorite distros and I would be very sorry if the project ended. It sounds like the situation is not as dire as I had first imagined, and that we can hope for a bright future ...

Happy New Year 2012 to you and all the forum members here!

=david

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
trixon
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2012, 19:46:46 PM »

Today, testing got some updates.
http://packages.pardus.org.tr/pardus/2011/testing/x86_64/?C=M;O=D
gölge
Pardus fellow craft

who you are!..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2012, 21:10:58 PM »

TUBITAK officially anounced pardus project will not end. this is only a transformation period. we are making pressure to TUBITAK for much information. i guess very soon they will make new informations about pardus.

Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2012, 21:43:07 PM »

Good news
and thank you, gölge
John A
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2012, 22:08:50 PM »

If it not will end. How about this:

"Ladies and gentlemen, as you all know as pardus project is stopped for the
moment, one other important point is developers have lost their jobs... I
believe there is no official employer now or may be 3-5 person.."

If they have lost their jobs, how can the project continue? Can be difficult get good developers back just like that.
And you longer time this process is delaying, the people around the project will move on to other jobs and studies etc..
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 22:11:59 PM by John A » Logged
gölge
Pardus fellow craft

who you are!..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2012, 22:14:39 PM »

If it not will end. How about this:

"Ladies and gentlemen, as you all know as pardus project is stopped for the
moment, one other important point is developers have lost their jobs... I
believe there is no official employer now or may be 3-5 person.."

If they have lost their jobs, how can the project continue? Can be difficult get good developers back just like that.

i dont know. i only wrote tubitak's official anouncement. turkish pardus community make pressure to a clear anouncement and roadmap.

John A
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2012, 22:16:25 PM »

Ok I saw in this message:
http://liste.pardus.org.tr/pardus-kullanicilari/2012-January/069521.html

But nothing here yet:
http://liste.pardus.org.tr/pardus-announce/2012-January/date.html
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 22:18:58 PM by John A » Logged
SW
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2012, 23:23:06 PM »

I hope the best, for Pardus but my intention is that development at least will be very slow in 2012.

I have absolutely no idea what will happen the next few months. Maybe the project will die. I really dont know.

I love every of Your informative posts here and Your engagement in this forum is very appreciated but pls do me one favor:
Stop repeating messages of people that are not official developers and not authorisied for any statement.

Unfortunately every message here in this thread is not official. I hate the lack of missing information, but its the way it is at the moment. Even the new portal http://www.pardusworld.com/ is not official. Responsible for pardusworld is the turkish community (thank You guys)!

Let us wait for official (and hopefully) good news. If You are tired for waiting i suggest You to switch to Mageia. Mageia2 looks very good although it is in alpha state. Mageia is completely community driven and You can follow the development very easily.
Mageia will be also my alternative distro if something will happen with Pardus but at the moment I can see some work in testing repo!  Grin

John A
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2012, 05:49:20 AM »

Mageia is a nice alternative. But their problem as I see it are about some drivers and non free software etc:
https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=523

Much debate about this in the Mageia forum, and some of the reviews have bring it up to.
I prefeer a distribution who "works out of the" box like Pardus. Smiley
That was what make me to use Pardus from the first time.
Play a DVD movie no problem and so on.

So in my case I will go over to Windows 7 again if Pardus stop permanently.
I have distro hopping so much in the past and are tired of it.

I suppose it's best to wait for official Pardus information to.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:54:53 AM by John A » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: