Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 12:45:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Bugs
| | |-+  after December updates Corporate 2 32bits, unable to surf [solved]
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: after December updates Corporate 2 32bits, unable to surf [solved]  (Read 1424 times)
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2011, 16:38:31 PM »

Hi all,
I wrote a bug report for my problem that I am still trying to pinpoint.  

bug 19599
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 15:07:45 PM by Lisa » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 15:19:33 PM »

I ended up reinstalling.  There were two nameservers in resolv.conf that I did not recognize and do not know where they came from.  Now I am able to surf after a fresh install and only doing the critical updates, not all which included kernel update. 

I need to ask though, in future if I have to, how does one disable ipv6 in kernel?  I tried adding line,
ipv6.disable=1 but my Corporate 2 still showed this when I tested it:
Code:
lsmod | grep ip
ip6table_filter         1167  0
ip6_tables              9946  1 ip6table_filter
ipt_MASQUERADE          1307  3
iptable_nat             3064  1
nf_nat                 13804  2 ipt_MASQUERADE,iptable_nat
nf_conntrack_ipv4       5195  4 iptable_nat,nf_nat
nf_defrag_ipv4          1065  1 nf_conntrack_ipv4
nf_conntrack           52376  5 ipt_MASQUERADE,iptable_nat,nf_nat,nf_conntrack_ipv4,xt_state
ipt_REJECT              1601  2
iptable_mangle          1211  0
iptable_filter          1206  1
ip_tables               8794  3 iptable_nat,iptable_mangle,iptable_filter
x_tables               13480  10 ip6table_filter,ip6_tables,ipt_MASQUERADE,iptable_nat,xt_state,ipt_REJECT,iptable_mangle,xt_tcpudp,iptable_filter,ip_tables
ipv6                  223278  12

whereas, doing same command in Pardus 2011.2 gave no results which meant ipv6 was not being used.  I'll have to check this again, as I see the bottom line is the indicator for Corporate 2 (lots of text output, maybe I overlooked that last line which could have shown zero and zero). 
AJSH
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 16:07:59 PM »

Hi Lisa,

Linux & IPv6 HowTo

Hope can help you and I wish you happy christmas. 

Regards
Andreas
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 17:55:53 PM »

Much obliged, Andreas!  Now for another bug to ask about in Corporate 2.  Cheesy
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 15:10:17 PM »

This is resolved.  I waited a bit before doing the final updates which included many kde packages.  Did the updates last night and all is well.  I'll wait a until later today to mark the official bug report as solved, just in case.  Smiley
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 15:44:42 PM »

and now, the 'just in case' problem.  I pinpointed to what actually prevented network pinging.  Since I didn't understand nor feel the need for virbr0 internet connection, I removed Virtual Network Manager and virtinst and my pinging problem started again.  So, I re-installed it, and then had to make sure the virtual network was autostarted on boot in the GUI.  I still feel this is a Corporate 2 bug, as I don't understand why I suddenly need a virtual anything for my operating system to work, why it got installed in the first place?

And, today, even though all is back to how it was with Virtual Manager installed and the GUI with the same autostart preferences, I am not able to ping again.  All three Pardus nameservers are showing in resolv.conf so that is not the problem.  Sorry to say, I'll be dropping Corporate 2 as it is unusable for me with dial up.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 20:10:20 PM by Lisa » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: