Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 01:59:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Saving Settings in VLC Media Player
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saving Settings in VLC Media Player  (Read 3882 times)
MusicLover
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2012, 17:29:26 PM »

Using 'Show Enhanced Settings' I sharpen my vids under 'video effects' but I don't seem to be able to make the changes permanent.

How can I do this?
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 18:27:23 PM »

what happens when you go to konsole, and type vlc, and watch the resulting konsole screen when you try to perform the same action again ?
airtight
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 18:36:21 PM »

Using 'Show Enhanced Settings' I sharpen my vids under 'video effects' but I don't seem to be able to make the changes permanent.

How can I do this?

To be able to save the settings you need to make the adjustment in Tools > Preferences. At the bottom of that window, select 'All'. Then click the little icon to the left of Video > Filters which will drop down the list of things you can alter. Select 'Sharpen', make your adjustment and Save.

The adjustment control here is different to the way it's done in the menu that you used so I'm not sure if it does the exact same thing. Both are called Sharpen though, so you would think it would be the same.

Then click on the word 'Filters' and select the 'Sharpen video filter' and save again to (presumably) activate the sharpen filter with the adjustment you made.

Anyway, seems to me that's what's needed to make the adjustment permanent.

* sharpen-1.png (60.06 KB, 791x680 - viewed 412 times.)

* sharpen-2.png (111.33 KB, 791x680 - viewed 338 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: