Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:55:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  News & Announcements
| | |-+  Pardus Fork
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus Fork  (Read 19451 times)
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2012, 22:28:49 PM »

Google Translate:
Nihad Karslı 12:07 pm March 23
Governance created communities with the Pardus project advisory board and ready to donate to the server will continue tubitakın LIQUIDITY. Please turn it, including sankiritçe. Before the end of the workshop was a very important way. Now get to work.
Maybe it's a matter of a my intelligence but this ^^^ is a for me.
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2012, 00:08:57 AM »

(Maybe it's a matter of a my intelligence but this ^^^ is a for me. )

Then that makes the both of us, I had hoped for better.......
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 00:10:30 AM by Anglo » Logged
weird_tr
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2012, 13:14:56 PM »

The repo's don't have indexes yet, but maybe they are working on it Smiley
When somebody asked about the indexes, the reply was:

37 GB. Packages are still transferring. :-)

Another update form one of the members is:

Pardus project will continue in a server that was given to LKD (Linux Users Association) by TUBITAK and will be led by a council that consist of participation of community.

Greets,

Tristan
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2012, 15:58:08 PM »

Pardus project will continue in a server that was given to LKD (Linux Users Association) by TUBITAK and will be led by a council that consist of participation of community.
This ^^^ looks interesting/positive Wink
weird_tr
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2012, 18:48:02 PM »

Indeed, I will keep you guys updated  Wink
weird_tr
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2012, 23:35:22 PM »

Some news about the fork, from one of the members:

Transfer of Pardus 2011.2 user 64-bit repo (anka) is completed.

I changed my daily system's repository if it's even risky and I removed stable and PLO repositories from my system. Applications and kernel is compiled successfully. I disn't notice any problem about sound and graphics.

Some packages has failed, I changed them with old versions. The new packages comes after repository transfer are not included.

Unfortunately, KDE 4.6.5 is not upgraded to 4.8 successfully. I probably overlooked something. I'll try to find out what's the wrong by investigating KDE packages.
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2012, 13:05:04 PM »

Some news: it seems, that PLO has stopped anka transfer.  Huh?
acjohnson
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2012, 19:17:24 PM »

Does anyone have any real news (in English) regarding the result of the "Future of Pardus Workshop"?
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2012, 20:41:44 PM »

Does anyone have any real news (in English) regarding the result of the "Future of Pardus Workshop"?

we are trying to find somebody from this workshop. I will write to one of users, who was at it.
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2012, 15:29:04 PM »

Forget about the workshop. They decided to abandon all that made Pardus an original and unique Linux distribution, all the great thoughts and work accomplished by the turkish developpers.

First things first, we need to find a new project leader, preferably someone who is not turkish, to break the linguistic dependance and limitations - enough with this obscurity ! - and put all the pardus code on an european server.

Project leader candidates, raise your hands. Each leader candidate will have to present itself to the community of users, and expose his strategy to make NewPardus a reality (objectives, ways and means, developpers recruitment).
It's election time !
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 15:40:49 PM by PhiX » Logged

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2012, 15:50:38 PM »

Forget about the workshop. They decided to abandon all that made Pardus an original and unique Linux distribution, all the great thoughts and work accomplished by the turkish developpers.

First things first, we need to find a new project leader, preferably someone who is not turkish, to break the linguistic dependance and limitations - enough with this obscurity ! - and put all the pardus code on an european server.

Project leader candidates, raise your hands. Each leader candidate will have to present itself to the community of users, and expose his strategy to make NewPardus a reality (objectives, ways and means, developpers recruitment).
It's election time !

Please, wait a little. We are working Smiley Soon, you will see results. We have several powerful servers. Anka will move to them.
About a leader: we need it, but not leader, just a coordinator.
To all: Are you in Aaron's lists? Smiley
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dC1mZm12b1laYlZpTzYySjZzQllYT1E6MQ

Some news: guys from PardusLife are ready Smiley
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 17:33:19 PM by tribunal » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2012, 22:25:28 PM »

Forget about the workshop. They decided to abandon all that .....
Could you give more details from where this information ^^^ is coming
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2012, 11:53:41 AM »

It's coming from the workshop :
International distribution should start using another distribution as a base could make work load off relatively.

"another" means no mudur, no comar, no pisi, in short : no more Pardus specific technologies.
Mudur, comar and pisi subsytems are intricated and designed to benefit from each other in order to deliver the essence of Pardus.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:05:48 PM by PhiX » Logged

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2012, 15:32:47 PM »

Thanks Wink
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2012, 20:52:48 PM »

It's coming from the workshop :
International distribution should start using another distribution as a base could make work load off relatively.

"another" means no mudur, no comar, no pisi, in short : no more Pardus specific technologies.
Mudur, comar and pisi subsytems are intricated and designed to benefit from each other in order to deliver the essence of Pardus.

Hi! Am I right, that are you from France?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: