Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 14:03:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Pardus Questions/Confirmations
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus Questions/Confirmations  (Read 580 times)
BellaPup
« on: February 02, 2012, 01:16:51 AM »

Returning after many months of no linux, having stepped back a while, after frustration and a bit of a rant..

Some questions/confirmations:

1) If I install Pardus 2011.2, can I at least install the very last of the updates as well as install some programs from Pisi? I take it Pardus has just stopped any further support and have not turned off the servers.
2) Looks like the remaining Pardus developers have been moved to working on the commercial (corporate?) version?
3) Is there a very strong possibility that Pardus Corporate will be it, maybe even with KDE4x going forward?
4) End of March, maybe questions will be answered?? Why so long.. Seems like politics are in play!

I really do not want to use any other distro, absolutely no more hopping.. If not Pardus community then it’s corporate or nothing.

Thanks  Smiley

-Hunter
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 03:13:30 AM »

Returning after many months of no linux, having stepped back a while, after frustration and a bit of a rant..

Some questions/confirmations:

1) If I install Pardus 2011.2, can I at least install the very last of the updates as well as install some programs from Pisi? I take it Pardus has just stopped any further support and have not turned off the servers.
2) Looks like the remaining Pardus developers have been moved to working on the commercial (corporate?) version?
3) Is there a very strong possibility that Pardus Corporate will be it, maybe even with KDE4x going forward?
4) End of March, maybe questions will be answered?? Why so long.. Seems like politics are in play!

I really do not want to use any other distro, absolutely no more hopping.. If not Pardus community then it’s corporate or nothing.

Thanks  Smiley

-Hunter

Here's my take on it
If your gonna do it , then do it now. Even on the worst case POSSIBLE senerio , this is good for quite awhile, it is  NOT some fragile distro thats been tarted up to do stupid pet tricks but a work that is solid
It may not be perfect , but since non of them others ARE , what else is new........
And they're a lot of guys out there with a lot of the code, I doubt that you be left wanting.

The other thing is that a distro is also made up of a community , not just code alone , try hooking with us , here , on irc., twitter, face book...........
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 03:15:02 AM by Anglo » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: