Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 16:40:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Acerhk
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Acerhk  (Read 1383 times)
weird_tr
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2012, 17:12:55 PM »

Good Afternoon everybody

When i want to compile Acerhk (http://www.cakey.de/acerhk/) in Pardus corporate 2, to get my wireless 'button' working, i got some problems.
I installed all necessary packages (sudo pisi it -c system.devel) to build (I think).

But when I do 'make', Nothing happens, the terminal only shows some empty output.

What am I doing wrong here?

Greets,

Tristan
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 18:52:49 PM »

Good Afternoon everybody

What am I doing wrong here?

Greets,

Tristan

For starters , someone will ask for the model of your computer. and likely wish to see the output seen in the terminal.

Perhaps you will want to look at this : http://cweiske.de/howto/xmodmap/index.html
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 19:26:01 PM by Anglo » Logged
weird_tr
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 19:46:51 PM »

Thanks for Reply Anglo,

I took a look at xmodmap, but I don't think thats what i was looking for. But thats my fault because I didn't explain my problem so well Wink

So my problem is: I have this Medion md 97600 Laptop, which has wireless disabled by default. There is a button (which is not a part of the keyboard) where you can enable your Wlan. Smiley On a few forums Ive read that some people (with the same laptop) say, that you have to install acerhk, to make enabling of wlan possible. Now the only problem i have is, when i do 'make', nothing happens, even no output in the terminal Smiley And I don't know what the problem is, because i compiled a few programs in Pardus before without having this problem Smiley

Greets,
Tristan
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 20:00:15 PM »

From the file INSTALL:
Before you compile the driver, change KERNELSRC in the makefile to your
path to the kernel build environment. If you are using a self compiled kernel,
point it to the root of your sources. If you are using a packaged kernel of
your distribution, install the package with kernel headers
This means you must have the package kernel-module-headers installed and KERNELSRC must be modified.
weird_tr
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 20:12:24 PM »

Okay atolboo thanks for reply,

I forgot to mention that I've already read that Smiley I installed kernel-module-headers and in the make file I modified this rule:

Code:
KERNELSRC?=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build

to:

Code:
KERNELSRC?=/lib/modules/2.6.35.13/build

Greets,
Tristan
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 21:59:52 PM »

A possible alternate : http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1059704.html
weird_tr
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 16:56:57 PM »

Wow thanks  Grin

The fixed version off acerhk (not the GUI version) Anglo, worked for me Wink

I compiled it and used the following commando's to get it work:

Code:
sudo modprobe acerhk
sudo echo 1 > /proc/driver/acerhk/wirelessled

Now, I finally got the wirless working on this old machine Cheesy even when we bought this machine the wifi didn't work in windows Smiley so we bought a wifi usb-stick, wich worked, but was very slow... I always knew that there was a wifi adapter in this laptop which had to be turned on by a hardware switch :p and now finally it works, and im not tied to a Lan cable anymore Wink Thanks!

The only thing is, that i have to run these commandos every time at start-up Sad I know there is a file, where you can put these commandos, so they would be executed at start up.. Does somebody knows how to do it?

Greets,

Tristan
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 18:29:03 PM »

Wow thanks  Grin

The fixed version off acerhk (not the GUI version) Anglo, worked for me Wink

I compiled it and used the following commando's to get it work:

Code:
sudo modprobe acerhk
sudo echo 1 > /proc/driver/acerhk/wirelessled

Now, I finally got the wirless working on this old machine Cheesy even when we bought this machine the wifi didn't work in windows Smiley so we bought a wifi usb-stick, wich worked, but was very slow... I always knew that there was a wifi adapter in this laptop which had to be turned on by a hardware switch :p and now finally it works, and im not tied to a Lan cable anymore Wink Thanks!

The only thing is, that i have to run these commandos every time at start-up Sad I know there is a file, where you can put these commandos, so they would be executed at start up.. Does somebody knows how to do it?

Greets,

Tristan

Good for you

" /etc/conf.d/local.start " seems to be the place for startup instructions for  everytime you boot up.
Although being able to run WITHOUT the wireless seems like a good idea as well.

( and I got the answer by searching the forum, and reading this thread : http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=3968.0

)  Grin

anglo
weird_tr
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 11:53:22 AM »

Thanks Anglo  Grin

That worked for me  Wink

Greets!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: