Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 12:35:53 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  News & Announcements
| | |-+  Pardus is dead???
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus is dead???  (Read 5777 times)
Chris
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2012, 02:50:31 AM »

I have been away for a while, did I hear correctly that this, my favorite Linux is dead, and how close to a fork?
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 03:10:59 AM »

Hi Chris,

To the best of my knowledge.

Tubiak (sp) issued a EOL (End Of Life ) for Pardus 2011.2 , meaning the would be no further developemant ,and further decisions would be made after a workshop was held Mar 24  to discuss any further directions regarding Pardus.
 There was very little information forthcoming from official sources other than the above after the announcement. Since then,apart from those who feel it best to wait for official decisions, there has been a couple of efforts to fork Pardus, both receiving commitments from Pardus groups in Germany , France , Spain, the North Americas, Russia, and last , but definitely not the least , Turkey.
 Since you're a returnee , you might take a bit of time to go through  the forums , and get a better idea how things are developing..

Welcome back Chris
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 14:22:41 PM »

I have been away for a while, did I hear correctly that this, my favorite Linux is dead, and how close to a fork?
Welcome back Smiley
We are waiting till the end of the workshop.
We have new resources for a potencial fork (sites, servers, developers).
But right now we are just waiting.
And, of course, the main problem is a lang-border. For example, I can't speak turkish at all.
There are hundreds of people waiting.
saygili
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 19:36:43 PM »

Hello,

Soon it seems Pardus will be alive again. Reconstruction will be finilized at the end of this month.

Turkish Defence Ministry wants to make new contract with Pardus to get support again. There exists much more interest to Pardus day by day.

Currently news are good. Lets see the result.

http://nyucel.blogspot.com/2012/04/pardus-dansma-kurulu-ne-durumda.html

Best Regards,

Murat
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 14:53:42 PM »

First a

And as the Turkish language is a very difficult one:   Is there also a non-TR version of
saygili
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 08:27:09 AM »

Hello,

Thanks your welcome. Unfortunately it is only in Turkish. But I will try to translate it to English and post it here.

We will see what will happen after long time winter sleep. You know it is now summer time Smiley.

"Everybody is free to feel good."

Best Regards,

Murat
saygili
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 09:01:13 AM »

What is the status of Pardus Community?

It has been 1 month coming together for the future of Pardus meeting. I have written in detail what has been talked. Last week ULAKBIM , who connected the Turkish Universities to internet, organized the 6th annual meeting.

I had a time  to talk with Ahmet Kaplan who is the head of ULAKBIM and Pardus community. I am thinking that the Project owner should write the news about the Pardus on his blog but in any case I will write what I saw.

•   Moving Pardus Project from Tubitak to ULAKBIM officially finalized at last week. Ahmet Kaplan said that he started  writing with government to make start the Pardus Community legally and his target is to make it at the end of this month.
•    Turkish Defence Ministry, where it is being said that the biggest foundation that uses Pardus, wants to make new contract with Tubitak despite they do not get Support for a while. It was being said that in Fatih Project to use Pardus on Tablets. Turkish Education Ministry wants to start this alliance with one protocol. Ahmet Kaplan said that the other foundations are also planning for migration and they are keep in touch.
•   This situation is good in showing Pardus will not be forgotten in dust and gives hope but we are keeping in mind also that the Project does not have developer. It has been said that new developers will be hired in Ankara but spesific time not being said.
•   The surprising thing in meeting was unpredictibly lots of people were asking about migration to Pardus. Universities does not know what is going on about Pardus and stil they have surprising excitement about Pardus.
People following Pardus Project wishing Pardus Project continue for the benefit of Turkey.

Community (me too) wants to view, not to hear something that Pardus will continue. The blurry period that we lived will be ended, or how it will be ended we will see all together.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 12:50:54 PM »

for this information.
saygili
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 13:34:40 PM »

Hi,
Today Turkish Linux Users Foundation provided Server and ssh connection to this server established.

Best Regards

Murat
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 18:02:36 PM »

Guys, good luck Smiley
May be pardus will survive.
But it won't have russian translation.
The last user is leaving it.
If you want - go on and wait Smiley
saygili
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 08:50:44 AM »

Why? What is the resason?
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 09:50:21 AM »

Why? What is the resason?
Soon it will be a year since the last official update Smiley
2011.2 is officially dead.
There is no life anythere.
3000 turkish active members of LKD are just a fake.
They don't do anything.
So, they don't interested in Pardus.
Only several of them are doing something.
About russian version: I was the last russian translator
and I am leaving Smiley
Good luck.

P.S. zypper or urpmi are waiting me Smiley
saygili
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 14:51:25 PM »

U vidimsa. Da fitrici Smiley.

TicoLinux
MSN: mauriciorj@live.com
Pardus fellow craft

Aquí yo, ¿allá quién?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 09:13:08 AM »

Not yet

klurig
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 14:36:41 PM »

Once I loved Pardus Linux. But now it's just a mess. What is true or not true.

First was Pardus Linux dead. Then Pardus Anka and now Pisi Linux.

Now we have the original Pardus Linux 2013th

Pardus Linux 2013, ( Ulusal Dagitim Project ).

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=pardus and http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Operating-Systems/Linux-Distributions/Pardus-Linux-21278.shtml
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: