Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 15:49:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  News & Announcements
| | |-+  Pardus Roadmap - Workshop
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus Roadmap - Workshop  (Read 3368 times)
weird_tr
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2012, 21:33:41 PM »

There is a guy, Emrah Aydinalp, who says he will be communicating with Nihad Karslı and has some information about the Workshop and the future of Pardus. This post of him might be interesting:

ROAD MAP
Organising council structure and delegating membership
Defining organisational structure
Corporate release – Longer life span, with minimum packages
Personal release – Shorter life span, contains more packages and latest technology
Personal release will be supported by TUBITAK (Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey)
TUBITAK (Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey) will get from private sector organisations if there is quick solution necessary or if a problem couldn’t solved for long time.
Different universities will be delegated by TUBITAK (Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey) to develop project which may have longer dead lines.

Greets,
Tristan
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 22:10:47 PM »

And you can directly from pantera (Erdinç Gültekin) at PardusUser.de.
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 22:23:34 PM »

I had been speaking to Eram about this yesterday , he promises a proper translation in a day or so.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 22:33:56 PM by Anglo » Logged
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 12:41:49 PM »

From Pisi çiftliği on FaceBook ( these were taken from the workshop notes )
translated by Emrah Aydinalp:

AIMS:

-Pardus certification (trainer, technical support or user level) and equivalence
-Localisation, Turkish documentations and translations will be sponsored by TUBITAK.
-Coordination of Linux trainings in Universities.
-Documentation of “Free Software Politics”.
-Having 2 different conventions, In Ankara for government agencies, in Istanbul for private sector companies.
-CDs, stickers and other promotional materials will be printed by TUBITAK and distributed in scientific and open source software activities.

-Organising and sponsoring workshops for developers.

Suggestions about Distribution
International distribution should start using another distribution as a base could make work load off relatively.

Coordination with international communities
New ideas are necessary in distribution, same logic wouldn’t work

Concentrate on corporate desktop market.
No point of community distribution, it could only stay alive with TUBITAK. ((Didn’t understand anything!!)   commentary ? )

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:40:12 AM by Anglo » Logged
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 11:54:39 AM »

Guys, this is not a roadmap, this is nonsence.

"No point of community distribution, it could only stay alive with TUBITAK." <- nonsence
"International distribution should start using another distribution as a base could make work load off relatively." <- nonsence.

Do we have any real suggestions? Guys from pardus-linux.org don't want to do anything Sad (May be not all)
Ex-developers don't want to help (may be not all).
acjohnson
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 19:15:17 PM »

International distribution should start using another distribution

What Huh?  Shocked
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 20:43:08 PM »

International distribution should start using another distribution

What Huh?  Shocked

Yes, this is a garbage, that's why we are looking for real results.
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 23:08:02 PM »

I'm afraid it may very well have this sense : they want to kill Pardus as we know it and transform it into an Ubuntu with extensive turkish language support.

What can we do without developpers that have both the willingness and the ability to write code the Pardus way ?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 23:13:47 PM by PhiX » Logged

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 07:26:03 AM »

I'm afraid it may very well have this sense : they want to kill Pardus as we know it and transform it into an Ubuntu with extensive turkish language support.

What can we do without developpers that have both the willingness and the ability to write code the Pardus way ?

We will try to find ex-developers. I hope, developing of Pardus wasn't smth like "TOP-SECRET".
And, of course, we have developers, who can help. I am a developer, for example.
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 09:02:47 AM »

As I understood, the developpers who left their projects don't want to work on it anymore, or cannot anymore. It may be time to fork Pardus Linux to save its code base, then.
Who wants to be the chief of the new Pardus project ?

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 09:13:00 AM »

As I understood, the developpers who left their projects don't want to work on it anymore, or cannot anymore. It may be time to fork Pardus Linux to save its code base, then.
Who wants to be the chief of the new Pardus project ?

We are discussing it at this page:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/pisiciftligi/
Several guys from this pages are here, so we can discuss it here Smiley
We call it "coordinator" Smiley

And now results are at official page of Pardus: http://www.pardus.org.tr/pardusun-yarini-calistayi-sonuc-metni/ (turkish language)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:50:25 AM by tribunal » Logged
gyan000
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »

Yes, it's a good idea. I have no facebook account.  Smiley
And I agree with PhiX, like said a french that talk turkish on our forum, they want to kill Pardus slowly but surely, so there is nothing to wait from the workshop.
Forking a project like pardus is not an easy task since there are lot's specifics technologies like pisi, comar & co, that need to be developed. It requires lot's of time... But it's an interesting proposition.
it could be great if there is a specific sub-forum / topic dedicated to this subject here, with all guys from facebook & co.

---
gyan000 - plus-qu'en-retard
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 13:10:40 PM »

Yes, it's a good idea. I have no facebook account.  Smiley
And I agree with PhiX, like said a french that talk turkish on our forum, they want to kill Pardus slowly but surely, so there is nothing to wait from the workshop.
Forking a project like pardus is not an easy task since there are lot's specifics technologies like pisi, comar & co, that need to be developed. It requires lot's of time... But it's an interesting proposition.
it could be great if there is a specific sub-forum / topic dedicated to this subject here, with all guys from facebook & co.

Guys at pardususer.de do not beleive TUBITAK.
"developing by community" <- what community? Do we have a final community of developers and designers and testers and maintainers? Smiley
No. But we can.
tribunal
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 16:12:23 PM »

Fresh news:
My dialogue with one of members of OI

Hi Smiley Do you know anything about conflict in turkish communities? It is very important Smiley
Hi Nikolay, I try to tell Smiley

There is no conflict anymore. But there was about the copyright of the name of "Pardus". OI (OzgurlukIcin - For Freedom) was the community that Tubitak supports. But PLO(Pardus-Linux.org) wasn't.

Tubitak sued the PLO because of that copyright infringement. It's kind of forgotten, and the two communities work together now.

That's what I know.
Thank you Smiley Now I have to find out why Hamit has stopped his process. And from me: sue for logo is a garbage. And are turkish communities ready to join to the global community Smiley
If TUBITAK won't Pardus to be alive, there will be... well... Tiger Linux Smiley
No problem. Why do you think he has stopped processes? He wrote about the new repo on "OI" three days ago. And he said he was trying to compile kernel packages.
I see. Well, we will wait. I think, Hamit is not stopped process. I think, TUBITAK has stopped it (not Hamit's, but its own). Now we want to talk to ex-devs. Are they visiting turkish forums?
No, only a few of them.. I don't know much about PLO, but as OI, we always complained that they didn't visit forum. They didn't visit while they were working on Pardus Project, how are they supposed to visit now? But I heard some whispers that if there is a community-based Pardus, they are eager to support it. I don't remember who they are, though.
It seems, it will be Smiley We don't want Pardus of "stickers and CDs"
And of course nobody wants new ubuntu-clone.
For a good, well-done fork 3-4 devs are enough. Remember about PLOS? Smiley
I hope so, but as you mentioned on the Pisi Ciftligi Group, there must be a coordinator who has management skills. We suffered from it when Tubitak stopped supporting OI. Fortunately, there was Sezai Yeniay who did his best as a coordinator.
Well, I was a project-leader too Cool But it doesn't matter. Can I set all this dialog on the wall?
Of course I dont want Ubuntu-clone, neither. Our only problem was not to have community-repo. But there are a lot now. We just need to collect them in one place.
It's better you summarize it Smiley
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 13:48:15 PM »

One opinion of somebody at pardususer.de is not the same as
Guys at pardususer.de do not beleive TUBITAK.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: