Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 04:02:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Bugs
| | |-+  bangarang won't play dvd, looking for libavformat.so.52
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bangarang won't play dvd, looking for libavformat.so.52  (Read 3017 times)
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 21:45:30 PM »

As a side note, I have never been able to get sound from the Phonon Sound and Video Configuration GUI.  Clicking on Front Left and Front Right does nothing.  Maybe means something, maybe not.
Did you also test your sound with the System Settings Multimedia > Phonon > Backend > VLC  Huh?
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 18:13:06 PM »

Hi atolboo,
To clarify, old bangarang would crash when selecting 'play DVD with bangarang' in device notifier.  I see from bangarang home page that this was a known bug. 

Latest bangarang with latest ffmpeg would play picture when selected to 'play DVD with bangarang' in device notifier, but no sound.  Also, to try from command line "bangarang play-dvd' it would only show output: 'Disc in /dev/sr0 is a Video DVD' and not play sound or video.

But your suggestion to try VLC backend for phonon gives me both picture and sound when I choose either to play dvd disc from device notifier or when I use command line, 'bangarang play-dvd' but with this latter method, I have to choose 'media lists' and select the disc entry from the left pane.  It doesn't automatically play the disc upon command, 'bangarang play-dvd'.

Also, the bangarang 'show audio settings', under 'audio settings' I can now  access the audio channel but not the equilizer which remains grayed out.

When I had gstreamer as backend, I could play any DVD (commercial or one that I had backed up) with smplayer.  When I did test to revert back to gstreamer backend, I got a kde knofity crash. 

And no, having vlc as phonon backend still does not do anything when I select the speaker test. 
P.S.  I had to reboot for the change of phonon backend to work.
Lisa Marie
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: