Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 22:56:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Moonlight Issues
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moonlight Issues  (Read 978 times)
MusicLover
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2012, 23:06:46 PM »

Got Moonlight installed for Chromium and Firefox browsers but when I go to a site that uses Silverlight (here in the UK, http://news.sky.com/sky-news/app/liveTV/liveTv.html), the video loads but stalls during buffering in both browsers. Sometimes I can view video for a few seconds before it stalls.

Any ideas on how to get it working?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 23:09:18 PM by MusicLover » Logged
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 01:44:05 AM »

Any ideas on how to get it working?

I have  friend in Texas , lives 400 miles south of the devastation  , and who sent me the link to the same tv station.
Had the same problem , so I downloaded it ( the video clipping ) using one of the video downloaders plugins for firefox
Played  as well as could be expected using xine ( others may well work ,vlc for example ).

On reading this , installed moonligh/silverlight and went to the site to view the video ( they're using a new one now btw ).
Same problem, same solution.

I conclude that it's a artifact of the station, there was a mention that the linux xpi may not be conversant with current moonlight implementations on some websites

Edit: Still playing with this , I shut down firefox (again)  and retraced my path using your linkage again,
THIS time microsoft asked if I wanted to download the required codecs to view the program. Not ever having the need to use THEIR codecs before ( and I watch a fair amount of video ) I said yes, upon which the download proceeded , to eventually show a demo video clip , and a blurb to join their (SkyTv ) subscription online tv services ( not allowing me to view anything else ).

It would seem that it does work.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 03:16:37 AM by Anglo » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: