Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 18:08:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Update Worldforum
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update Worldforum  (Read 1224 times)
richdb
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« on: May 23, 2012, 09:20:29 AM »

Hi,

Does anybody knows who is the operator of this forum? We need to update the forum so there can be new users, etc. And if the operator has no time for it anymore, can we take it over then?
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 21:50:05 PM »

Following some email contact between me (Michiel), the founder and current holder (and paying person) of this domain Willem Gielen and Richard (richdb) I expect Richard to take over the job of moderating and managing/maintaining this community website from me shortly, having done this for a couple of years but talking for myself no longer being able to spend the amount of time in managing the forum that is actually needed in these tense days concerning the Pardus community and the future of Pardus and it's corresponding quick developments. Especially the Worldforum is a place of particular importance with regard to these developments.

It's been my pleasure to have maintained this site/forum for some years, but also my relief that a really Pardus-enthusiastic person like Richard wants to take over this job so that I can step back now.

I wish Richard good luck and once more want to emphasize that I really appreciate his offer to take over,

Keep the Pardus spirit alive..!

Thank you,

Michiel

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 22:15:51 PM »

and  to Michiel Z.
Kranthi
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 06:53:22 AM »

to Richard and Michiel

The Cube
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 09:42:12 AM »

Thank you Michiel for all the time, money and dedication you have put in to create and administrate Pardus Worldforum !

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
Yoyo
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 15:25:24 PM »

Nice  Smiley

Good luck, Richard

And thank you very much, Michiel  Smiley

Pardus Life | Pardus-es
Linux user#415622 | Pardus 2011.2 Cervus elaphus KDE 4.6.5
bg1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 19:16:55 PM »

Thank you michiel  Wink
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 21:36:43 PM by bg1 » Logged

cordially @+
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 15:52:47 PM »

Yes, that is a big job, to maintain a webpage.  Thank you, Michiel, for all your work done here!  I'm sure I have caused grief when I have had modified my reply, .....more than once, and then while doing so to get disconnected from internet and have to log back in and modify once more. 

Congratulations, richdb.   This is good news.  Hopefully you'll find ways to detract spammers at the same time as easily letting new folks sign up here.
Regards, Lisa Marie
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 20:22:08 PM »

Huuu... huu.... too much honour really.

I did NOT pay for this website, Willem Gielen, the founder, still does, credits to him for that.
Also I did not maintain an entire website.
However I did moderate the dutch forum and the worldforum and was quite busy with managing new registrations for reasons as mentioned earlier. Apart from that there was little moderating because this community behaves itself in an excellent way, just great and a very nice atmosphere to be part of.

So I politely accept your "thank you's" just for the part I was involved in, and I do appreciate your kind comments, that feels good!

Keep up the good work together!

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
richdb
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 22:05:28 PM »

Thanks Willem and Michiel for the trust in me Smiley

Since today i am also moderator of this forum, and i do the best i can to keep the quality of this forum.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: