The Pardus - Anka is coming our way, and there are more and more people joining the Pardus - Anka community.
But this also ask for some structure, and we at the worldforum already did some for work. I think we want to keep
the quality of Pardus - Anka, and maybe someone over here know how the original Pardus team worked?
Maybe we can use that knowledge to setup the community.
On the world-forum you already find a (outdated?) contribute list, so new names are welcome:http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=4377.0
On the world-forum setup for kind of roadmap:http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=4375.0
A shortlist, I think that is necessary, and that we should work on the next couple of weeks:
- Good bug-system, maybe we just can use free github one;
- Roadmap, what will be in Pardus 2012, softwarelist and versions of the software;
- Package and developer teams, and team leaders for the communication between teams;
- Translators and translator leader;
- People who do the promotion;
- Meetings, on IRC? and 1 or 2 times a week? Between team leaders, translator leader, etc
- And things I forget.
Any more ideas?
UPDATE JUNE 7:
Ideas, contributes and suggestions:
- Community is the key, create a contributor community and an user community;
- The address pardus.org.tr should be given to the community;
- Use transifex for translating (http://translate.pardus.org.tr/transifex/projects/p/pardus/);
- User Willy wants to help with translations(English->Dutch) and testing;
- Merging repositories, there should be one repository;
- Changing release numbers from year to normal numbers;
to follow as home page but if not possible something else. But there should be one official site to follow;
- We need to follow only pisi packages to provide stability and ease of use;
- Pardus should keep its base architecture like, Comar,Pisi,Kaptan,Yalı and good integration with other programs.