Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 23:52:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  News & Announcements
| | |-+  Domain name Pardusworld.com is available for you
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Domain name Pardusworld.com is available for you  (Read 1979 times)
kobzeci

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2012, 08:35:27 AM »

Hello,

I have the domain name pardusworld.com . Our goal was top develop an international common crossroad, which will guide people to existing local communities + an english forum + a social network for contributors: imece.pardusworld.com

Sadly, lots of things happened as you know... I have to do my best, but there were nothing left for me to do. As i've already got involved lots of things related with pardus(the wiki's, community managment, campaings...) however i have no time for this hard struggles, which i have been fighting for 4 years.

I would like to ask you, if ou consider pardusworld.com address for an international organization, the domain name is available for you.

I will try to announce in e-mail lists and other contacts when i find some time to do.

Regards,
Zeki
richdb
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 21:09:50 PM »

Hello Zeki,

Thank you for this offer Smiley
And let the community of the worldforum decide what they want to do with this domain ..

So suggestions?
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 22:04:52 PM »

To maintain this domain as such?or to modify into something else?

and perhaps Zeki would consider helping if he is not doing this all by himself?
Kranthi
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 22:08:39 PM »

Much better domain than what is now.
I never type the domain myself. I set my browser in such a way that it automatically goes to the site when I open the browser, So all i have to do is just change the site name in the settings. I believe it's the same for most old users out there so changing the site name wouldn't cause much inconvenience I think. If there is a bookmark, updating it would do.
Easier domain name would mean better accessibility to new users. So I support the move.

The Cube
evowinds

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 07:58:01 AM »

I also think same as Kranthi. The new line must be drawn.
And it must be announced to everywhere.

Bright morning of the Dark night ... Pardus ANKA is a new beginning...
richdb
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 13:20:03 PM »

@kobzeci,

Can you tell a little more why this international forum did not work?
I also have read something on pardususer.de about this.

What is the history that this international never is build up?
saygili
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 09:27:21 AM »

Hello,

When I try to reach http://www.pardus.org/

It is not possible. I think this domain does not have owner.

Murat
kobzeci

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 20:26:45 PM »

@kobzeci,

Sorry for the late reply.

Well the answer is clear and simple: The project administration doesn't have that vision. We have asked many times for an international portal. But they did not cared it much...

Do you remember the old Pardus official site? It was a disaster for a GNU/Linux distro which has professional  employees. We argued about 3 years to upgrade this site. However only thing we had more argues, no work at all... That was nonsense...

Finally as contributors, we take over the main Turkish community site ozgurlukicin.com(actually there was nobody left to administrate the site, the new 2 community managers from the project promised to run the site but at the end f the second month they left to the site to its own destiny). After handling the Turkish site, we havee started to talk about this, got the domain name... But then things go worse...

Summarily, this should be the first step of Pardus project, however it never had such priority.

Maybe community could became together, but this site Worldforum has an access restriction from the Turkey's network provider TTNET due to some ip conflicts with some other banned sites...

I hope things go well and we can come together in an intenational forum. But the future is really uncertain at the moment.

Everything is up to the community of Pardus.
richdb
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 21:05:18 PM »

Hey kobzeci,

Thanks for you answer, but still got some questions.

- 2 community managers? promised by who? and when? this year?
- No priority? Who give it no priority?
- And you say that this worldforum is blocked by some Turkish network provider?

saygili
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 21:27:32 PM »

Richard,

Yes this block is true. From the hotel when I try to connect I could not.

Also from one of the company. But from my home and work I am able to connect.
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 21:28:47 PM »

@kobzeci,

Sorry for the late reply.

Well the answer is clear and simple: The project administration doesn't have that vision. We have asked many times for an international portal. But they did not cared it much...

Do you remember the old Pardus official site? It was a disaster for a GNU/Linux distro which has professional  employees. We argued about 3 years to upgrade this site. However only thing we had more argues, no work at all... That was nonsense...

Finally as contributors, we take over the main Turkish community site ozgurlukicin.com(actually there was nobody left to administrate the site, the new 2 community managers from the project promised to run the site but at the end f the second month they left to the site to its own destiny). After handling the Turkish site, we havee started to talk about this, got the domain name... But then things go worse...

Summarily, this should be the first step of Pardus project, however it never had such priority.

Maybe community could became together, but this site Worldforum has an access restriction from the Turkey's network provider TTNET due to some ip conflicts with some other banned sites...

I hope things go well and we can come together in an intenational forum. But the future is really uncertain at the moment.

Everything is up to the community of Pardus.

Slm
and welcome Kobzecki
( and MUCH better late than never )
do these ip blocks cover I.R.C. ?
richdb
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 21:30:45 PM »

Why they block this worldforum  Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?
saygili
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 22:23:51 PM »

I am sure it is not intentionally.

May be some stupid mistake.

Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 17:53:56 PM »

Yes, some sites at our local library have some sites blocked, some of which are innocent enough, but the person in charge of blocking sites is ignorant to it as they sign up for some general site blocking list - who knows who comes up with these lists?  Unless one contacts them and asks why a certain site is blocked, they will never check on it and decide themselves whether it can be unblocked or no. 

I was wondering if these domains like pardus worldforum have a minimum contract period, like six months, a year, monthly?  And if the contract is about to come up, maybe then a decision can be made whether to the international forum to another domain.  It would be a waste of money to have paid up until a certain time and switch it before then.  I know nothing of these matters.  Embarrassed

We do need a site accessible by all. 
isezen

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 00:51:00 AM »

Let me remind you that worldforum.pardus-linux.nl is a sub domain and you can redirect pardusworld.com domain to here. If I'm not wrong, it's possible make sure the domain address does not change while browsing.

For example you can visit this post by the link below if you redirect the pardusworld.com domain properly:

http://pardusworld.com/index.php?topic=4383.0

instead of

http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=4383.0.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: