Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 18:12:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Gang mentality
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gang mentality  (Read 431 times)
jasperodus
« on: June 22, 2012, 00:14:26 AM »

Just had a look at pardususer.de and the discussion about the Turkish official statements. Saw some pretty negative stuff aimed at richdb  Huh?

Sad, really - the attitude of some over at the forum. It is ok for people to say they are being realistic - and, fair enough, it may turn out that there is no future for Pardus as we know it.

But, what is unfortunate is that I see symptoms of some other stuff mixed in with some of the comments as well. I think the negative effect of ego is playing a part here and there:

I think it is telling that LF seems somewhat injured when he talks quite strongly about the contribution and effort made by pardususer.de, and the lack of recognition for their work.

I have also noted undisguised attempts to belittle someone who I guess is an outsider to them. There are obvious instances where this comes across as a form of sport, taking precedence over sense and fairness (ego in charge).

Choosing to use the description 'gang' (richdb and his gang) also translates to ego at work. I got the impression that pardususer.de has some members who would never entertain the idea of collaborating or even consider any suggestions or requests made by Richard because they see him as some upstart outsider (my words)...... so, basically, the choice of the word 'gang' is really quite telling and does explain certain members attitudes.

It is a natural human trait though, to form allegiances, and there will obviously exist strong bonds struck up as a result of the common cause and the substantial work and contribution made at pardususer.de. That is the reality then - it was perhaps naive/unreasonable to ask or expect any form of collaboration from that quarter.

The aim is not rivalry or competition - it is something more important than individual recognition or 'Brownie-points'.

It would be a shame for animosity to take hold, so I guess it is best to leave it there and wish them luck with whatever they do from here.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: