Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 14:21:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Pardus Worldforum Meeting
| |-+  Meeting agenda
| | |-+  AGENDA: Meeting (#3) July 7th 2012.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AGENDA: Meeting (#3) July 7th 2012.  (Read 3188 times)
jasperodus
« on: July 06, 2012, 14:33:55 PM »

Just opening this up (if no objections) in anticipation of an agenda draft submission from Dirse.

Also (if no objections), in the meantime, how about submissions from other people as well? Feelings/feedback/corrections/clarification regarding last meeting (or anything else).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 16:10:22 PM by jasperodus » Logged
richdb
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 15:54:02 PM »

Some points for the agenda:

- Choosing a name. I personal like Anka (I love short names), and it already becomes a little recognized.
- Choosing a logo http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=4417.msg24755;topicseen#msg24755
- Allocate tasks, mostly publicity first. But think about creating Google Plus page, Facebook page, Devianart for icons, sounds, wallpapers, etc.
- Maybe to early yet, but allready some names for team leaders? https://docs.google.com/document/d/13zcSKA2wyKKbji7wh2_xWqpltFGchEZShXiVud7EI4c/edit?pli=1
saygili
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 17:13:46 PM »

Hello Richard,

worldforum is not reachable from this ip block

Just to inform you.

Best Regards,

Murat
jasperodus
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 19:24:50 PM »

Some points for the agenda:

- Choosing a name. I personal like Anka (I love short names), and it already becomes a little recognized.
- Choosing a logo http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=4417.msg24755;topicseen#msg24755
- Allocate tasks, mostly publicity first. But think about creating Google Plus page, Facebook page, Devianart for icons, sounds, wallpapers, etc.
- Maybe to early yet, but allready some names for team leaders? https://docs.google.com/document/d/13zcSKA2wyKKbji7wh2_xWqpltFGchEZShXiVud7EI4c/edit?pli=1

Further to the latter points in your above remarks:

World Forum

Richard: I agree that communication is of prime concern.

The official Pardus project initiators may have re-evaluated their requirements & resources – but I think Pardus was always hampered from the start by the official feeling that there was no particular need or desire to involve a wider audience. This, I think, was the 'Achilles Heel'.

I believe there exists a huge number of people for whom the whole ethos of Pardus (the principle critera of ease of use & intelligent core functionallity) is just what they, perhaps, never knew existed – but have always been ready to embrace. Others, perhaps, admired and recognized the potential – but were unable to adopt or regard Pardus as a serious prospect because of this lack of promotion.

(As an aside, I think size of repositories as a criticism is a bit of a 'red-herring', and if some people thought one the 'selling-points' in (possibly) going debian-based was repo size, then I think they were missing the whole reason for the hypothesis).

I think we see that an opportunity exists to ensure that Pardus is not going to be allowed to die and be buried in an 'un-marked grave'. In order for this to happen, I think communication will be the crucial factor. I am wondering if there could be an asserted effort to forge a unified protective and nurturing habitat via the 'bonding' of existing community elements in a common desire to allow Pardus a proper chance to reach its fullest potential?

It is no good just to send other 'family' members (the various groups, that is) the odd 'post-card', or such – it requires a serious commitment on the part of the various Pardus groups of supporters. Can the various groups allow themselves to consider themselves as ultimately part of a larger family?

I (perhaps naively) wonder if the World Forum can be used as a some basis for a common 'node' or hub? Is this at all practical? Could 'delegates' from the various groups be persuaded to sit on a World Forum Council?

Anyway, by whatever degree, more effective communication/co-operation is essential to survival.
Could some priority be given to explore possible avenues?

Related to this matter is the general administration of this forum itself. The forum index & categories  (for example) could do with some pruning & tuning (  Smiley  ), to make the forum more accessible and coherent. This is in absolutely no way a criticism of Richard (who, I feel, juggling many tasks, could do with some proper definition and allocation a shared workload), and I think consideration should be given to establishing a recognized and published 'admin' group, and their duties - also as somewhat of a priority.

So, prepare a welcoming house which will (hopefully) attract frequent visitors.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 20:10:41 PM by jasperodus » Logged
richdb
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 09:18:53 AM »

@Dirse, thanks for the proposal.

Time: 21:00 CE(S)T
Place: IRC #pardus-world on Freenode.
Chairman: jasperodus

(Free chat before the meeting among early birds)

1) Opening, welcome word by Chairman.
1.1) Agenda.
1.2) Meeting protocols/conventions.

2) Any special words by enki (Nihad Karslı, PKD President) (max. 10 min, including translation time).
He can choose to speak in Turkish, German or English. Turkish/German to be translated to English.

3) Introducing new sponsors: ABA & EMO (by enki).
3.1) ABA (Ankara Bar Association - Informatics Commission).
3.1.1) How exactly will ABA sponsor?
3.1.2) Public announcement should be made at: http://www.ankarabarosu.org.tr (to be handled by enki)
3.2) EMO (Electrical Engineers Chamber).
3.2.1)  How exactly will EMO sponsor?
3.1.2) Public announcement should be made at: http://www.emo.org.tr (to be handled by whom?)

4) Introducing old sponsors: LKD & PKD (by enki).
4.1) How will their sponsorship be in the future?
4.2) Public announcement should be made at:
http://www.lkd.org.tr
http://www.pkd.org.tr
4.3) Registering new members (local & international) to LKD and/or PKD (any legal problems for "foreigners (!)"?).
4.4) How can we activate LKD & PKD more in the future?
4.5) Funding (financing).

5) Choosing a name: Anka? (max. 5 min. for this meeting, to be discussed further in future meetings).

6) Choosing a logo (ideas).

7) Allocate tasks, mostly publicity first.
7.1) Google Plus page.
7.2) Facebook page.
7.3) Devianart for icons, sounds, wallpapers, etc.

8 ) Some names for team leaders:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13zcSKA2wyKKbji7wh2_xWqpltFGchEZShXiVud7EI4c/edit?pli=1

9) Any special words by pantera.

10) Any special words by kuftikufti.

11) General feelings.

12) Survey. (Everybody that still have some question)

13) Next meeting date & time.

14) End meeting by Chairman.

(15) FREE CHAT!

-----------------------------------------------------
Meeting- protocol/conventions:

1. No greetings to late arrivals or private messages to the entire group.
2. The host has the floor at all times and no one is allowed to speak unless called upon.
3. After being recognized, you may submit your question/comment and after that is answered, you may submit one more question/comment regarding the original question. If you have an unrelated question or comment, you must wait until it is your turn again.
4. The following conventions should be adhered to:

? - If you want to ask a question,.

?? - If you want to make a follow-up question on the answer being given, (The host may not acknowledge your question at this time if they need to move on).

! -  If you want to make a comment.

// - To indicate that you have finished 'speaking'.

.... - To punctuate longer comments - in order to promote on-screen flow (at least 4 (four) dots).

<> - If you would you would like someone to speak on your behalf.

> - Next speaker, to be signaled by Chairman only.

>> - Speaker following next speaker, to be signaled by Chairman only.

A non hosted free chat session is available before and immediately after the close of this session.
jasperodus
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 14:30:37 PM »

Hi Richard,

Just a couple of quick observations:
Perhaps these minor changes (in blue)?

3) Introducing new sponsors: ABA & EMO (Speaker: enki).
4) Introducing old sponsors: LKD & PKD (Speaker: enki).
7) Allocate tasks – publicity being an initial priority.

Also, last entry under section 3. should read: 3.2.2)

and 7.3 should read: Deviantart..

Finalized apart from that? I know it is not good practice to make alterations at this late stage - but things are still just evolving and this particular meeting obviously left little time for preparation. In fact, I think it is pretty impressive to see agenda formats of this quality - but in the short time available......... very  Cool
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: