Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 08:53:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  The Pub
| | |-+  World Forum Admin/Structure, and relevance in aim for wider structure.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Forum Admin/Structure, and relevance in aim for wider structure.  (Read 737 times)
jasperodus
« on: July 09, 2012, 04:17:41 AM »

Richard/all:

Bit tired tonight but I think the first steps towards an evolving structure would be to start here. Work on the structure here first as the pre-requisite spark.

A point of 'gravity' - an object of mass needs to be established to capture and stabilize all the apparently aimless particles within the gaseous and swirling proto-field. The sum of these particles are as yet too wildly dispersed to be recognizable as anything in particular – everything is wandering around – with no appreciable form or definition.

I am thinking that this Worldforum exists within this wider field as a somewhat undefined microcosm. I think that the Worldforum needs to further coalesce as an entity. Gravitational forces dictate that any local particles will then necessarily 'see', and move towards this point of reference, or attraction.

In real terms, I think the Worldforum needs to work to establish itself as a more recognizable and defined entity. Fundamental things like an established admin core first. There may be 'committee' which can be assumed to exist – but I think it needs to be not so taken for granted and loose. I think it should be more concrete, more official. Confirm your earlier selection (if still valid), then have those selected formally accept to be part of a core start-up group (keeping the Worlforum informed, publish this process as an official act of administration). Set up a dedicated 'Admin' (or whatever) entry section within the forum topic listings. As a start, then have a 'sticky' detailing the 'team' (or some such description), along with perhaps a brief overview of each individual (not a requirement though), and hopefully by that time – corresponding roles or duties.

People seem to keep saying agreeing that structure and organization are necessary underpinnings. This is true, but I think we have to start simple and start here.
I think that the people I am speaking about need to be seen (and to actually feel) to act from within – rather than (essentially) without. I don't know if you are able or willing or even see a need for this Richard, but as I said, I think things need to be solidified here (WF) - a serious statement of commitment and purpose - otherwise (though sharing the same 'locality') we are all effectively disparate particles ourselves, moving around within the wider swirling area of unbound particles.

If you, and maybe others concerned feel similarly about this, then perhaps this could be a focus for attention?
I also have a few ideas for making the actual site look more accessible presentable. Too many elements, re-shuffling a bit, obsolescence, navigation etc.

Of course, this is just my 'local' point of view and you will have your own – as will the other relevant parties here referred to. Not a problem.

(I am not going to bother checking this for typos/spelling/meaning at the moment as I'm a bit tired and just want to post it for now – I'll tidy it later if anything looks too ugly).

richdb
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 08:43:27 AM »

All,

First of all I am just the moderator of this forum. The real owner (and also the one that pay for the server and owns the URL's) is Willem Gielen. Only his time for Paruds is these days almost 0% (busy in RL). So every change, etc most go through him. All I know is that the server where this worldforum is place on has 'out-of-dated' software version of PHP, etc. That is also why the registration for the forum is not automatic (I get spammed then).

The ideas are good, if there are more in this forum who want to help. But maybe we should totaly start a new forum, layout,etc because Anka is not Pardus and Pardus is not Anka. Maybe we can use for this 'new-style' media. I was thinking about Google Plus as main site and Google Groups for the forum part, create a Facebook site, twitter account, and what more.

Only that is also way I was asking for the name and logo. We need the name (but Anka is ok for me) and the logo, so we can start to tell the world that this new awesome rocking distro is coming their way ..
jasperodus
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 12:53:30 PM »

All,

..... if there are more in this forum who want to help. But maybe we should totaly start a new forum, layout,etc because Anka is not Pardus and Pardus is not Anka. Maybe we can use for this 'new-style' media. I was thinking about Google Plus as main site and Google Groups for the forum part, create a Facebook site, twitter account, and what more.

Only that is also way I was asking for the name and logo. We need the name (but Anka is ok for me) and the logo, so we can start to tell the world that this new awesome rocking distro is coming their way ..

That never occurred to me at all - but now that you have said it, it is actually the way to go!

It would address so many things in one go. And * bonus *.... world sees Anka (distinctly), stuff sprouting up (and to export as many of this existing 'population' as possible means that the world sees a somewhat mature Anka community site already in place). Removes a heck of a lot of confusion, within & without. Overall areas of 'mass' expanding/attracting/fusing/a distinct and recognizable conglomeration . And so on, and so on..........

Pardus (official project Pardus) is hollow and defunct. The soul of Pardus has transmigrated to the foetus of Anka. MIDWIVES.......to your stations!

Anka (the name) should be taken for granted as representing (true) Pardus - and left at that in my opinion.
jasperodus
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 15:01:52 PM »

p.s

PiSi is being kept alive of course.

Basically, I think it is obvious that Anka has ended up as the option. I think it is a case of all-or-nothing now. Prepare the life-boats, gather provisions and head for that light on the horizon?

And we also might assume that pardususer.de will close at the end of the year?

Is it something to consider, asking pardususer.de and Yoyo and others if they would like to pool resources? (a hailing to other life-boats). As an equal partnership and endeavour? Overall admin group composed of members from WF, .de, Spain (Yoyo?) Anka developer/representatives, and others that might exist.

Perhaps they would prefer to seek their own islands (Anka-user.de), or such.

I am sure that the whole pardususer.de community including the dedicated team of packagers @ pardususer.de would prefer not to just see all their work and achievements, their having learned the PiSi skills etc, to just evaporate. I hope that the .de community decides to think about its own (in whatever form) contingency plans.

Anyway I think we need to prepare our own contingency plans in the meantime as the priority.

----------

By the way, I mentioned elsewhere ( RESULTS, MEETING JULY 7, 2012  ) that I had a bunch of ideas/observations yet to relate. Well, one of those things was to do with the breakdown of discussion with enki during last meeting - I feel partly responsible here:

In hindsight, and reading through the log, I recognize that it would have helped if I had thought to take a pause and (giving enki the benefit of the doubt). Tell enki that Richard is frustrated by an apparent lack of communication/openness on enki's part.....perhaps this is actually unintentional, and an unfortunate result of a very heavy workload? (Richard's claim's of being ignored could be the reality, I don't know the particular details though.)

Also, I should have thought to clarify, when enki was interpreted as saying 'you tell me first...', if this was, again, a bit of a language usage misunderstanding: Perhaps I could have thought to suggest that this was merely an innocent  'sure, no probs – I'm happy to answer any questions you might have....and do you mind If I can then use this opportunity to put some additional (?) questions/hypotheses to you? (After all, he did bother to attend.) Again, I don't know the reality of things, but I think I failed a bit there.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 20:26:28 PM by jasperodus » Logged
jasperodus
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 06:59:46 AM »

I have just been to the 'Pub'.. ;

Well, if anyone was still hungry for food for thought....Dirse has been out hunting again - and brought a veritable feast to the table!

(this and post#9 Re: RESULTS, MEETING JULY 7, 2012)

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:16:12 AM by jasperodus » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: