Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 02:51:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Wish list
| | |-+  What I want
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What I want  (Read 1483 times)
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:48:36 AM »

Is for someone to fix the p.m. system so it does NOT cause a reset when I try to use it , and no , I am NOT the only one to have this problem

EDIT: this may be a firefox problem ( ver. 15 ) , a older one seems to be working
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 15:17:59 PM by Anglo » Logged
dschzz
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 21:03:02 PM »

I have the same problem with Opera 11.64.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 22:06:39 PM »

Is for someone to fix the p.m. system so it does NOT cause a reset when I try to use it , and no , I am NOT the only one to have this problem
Could you describe what the problem exactly is as I don't know what you mean by this.

.... with Opera 11.64.
We are already at opera-12.02-44 Grin
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 02:59:29 AM »

when posting a pm , everything is normal until you press "post ", upon which the browser is dumped off the forum ,with the screen announcing the page has been "reset".
I did think that the browser ( firefox in my case ) was the problem , so I switched to a older version , it seemed  to help , but I'm not sure on that , I also (NOW) make sure I turn off the "send copy to outbox"

OK , I just tested again using the same method , It worked this time. I'll try again later
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:04:50 AM by Anglo » Logged
dschzz
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:06:11 AM »

I know... When I noticed that Opera 12.0 (with several tabs open and being set to "Work Offline" before closing it) asks me for EVERY tab whether I want to go online, I decided that I will never update it anymore. Maybe I will switch to firefox later on.

And I have the same behavior as Anglo. Or I had - NOW it works, regardless of the setting of "save a copy to my outbox" - a feature that I also see properly working for the first time.

Many thanks for fixing it to whoever did it!

UPDATE: I had JavaScript turned off. When I turned it on, I got the same problem as before - but it's not reliable anymore, a few trials later it workes with JS on and a copy in my outbox. So it's not yet perfect but much better already.
All this with Opera 11.64.
dschzz
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 12:01:53 PM »

Using Opera 11.64 on VL-7, PMs are broken again, no matter whether "safe copy" is set or not, JS is on or not, Ghostery is enabled or disabled - it says the server closed the connection as soon as I hit Send.

Anyway, here is the missing link:
http://www.webpromo-inc.com/linuxsite/distro3.asp

Have fun! Smiley
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 12:58:18 PM »

What is VL-7 Huh?
Anglo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 17:17:46 PM »